Show/hide main menu


Frequently Asked Questions

I am a new student, how do I enrol/register?

Please visit the Welcome to King’s website.

I am a returning student, do I need to register?

During August/September you will be invited to re-enrol online. You will be emailed by Registry Services with instructions on how to complete this process.

If you have not received an email regarding re-enrolment please log in to Student Records and see if the re-enrolment task is visible and available for you to complete.
If not, please contact Registry Services (internal content only)

NB If you are a returning student, you do not need to attend campus registration.

What systems do I need to have access to?

Register IT account

You will need to register your IT account to get access to student computing PCs, King’s email service, KEATS and access the intranet. You can find out more about this on the New to King’s website.

Once you have registered your IT account you will be able to access your email from the intranet here (internal content only).
If your IT account username and password doesn’t work you should contact the IT Service desk.


The College E-Learning Service (KEATS) is the virtual learning environment for the delivery of teaching material throughout King's College London. You can find out how to access and use the system on the College E-learning Service webpages.

Log in to KEATS

Student Records

Student Records is an online system that allows students to manage their personal information at King’s. You can also view your module registrations, module results and find out who your personal tutor is. You will also find your personalised exam timetable on Student Records.

Log in to Student Records

Research profiles for PGR students
Postgraduate Research students are encouraged to update their profile pages on the College’s research website the Research Portal. Information on how to access the system is available on this page in the handbook.

Where is my timetable?

Returning students can access their timetable by logging in to their Student Records account.

 New students: your personal timetable will be available from the Monday of the first week of teaching.

General programme timetables are available on the timetables page in your Handbook.

If you have any specific enquiries then please contact your department.

How do I become a Student Representative?

The primary role of student representatives is to proactively gather feedback and raise concerns from the student body, either at programme, departmental or School level and to attend Staff/Student Liaison Committees (SSLCs) and other School and departmental meetings to provide feedback to staff on the student experience and views. You can find out more about becoming a rep on our student representatives page.

What are the key dates I should know about?

The dates of academic terms and reading weeks are available to view on the term dates page.

Exam timetable publication dates (and timetables in due course) are available on the College intranet pages here (internal content only).

A personal exam timetable showing the exams you are registered to take will also be available on your Student Record. There is further information on the Examination Periods and Examination Publications pages.

There is more information on important dates including graduation ceremonies on the College’s intranet pages here (internal content only).

Where are you and how do I contact you?

The Department Office is your first point of call for queries, please email the departmental office. You can find our address, contact details and office hours on our website here.

Office hours for academic staff in the Department can be found on this page. You can find out more information about staff in the Department on the People pages of the website.

 Who is my personal tutor?

You can find the contact details for your personal tutor on your Student Record. Please see the page on personal tutors for more information as well as the School Guidelines on you & your personal tutor in the School Handbook.  

How do I find my way around?

Maps, travel directions and addresses for buildings are available on the King’s website here.

How do I change my registration status? Interrupt / withdraw/ transfer?

Occasionally situations arise that are outside your control and may adversely impact your ability to engage with your studies, i.e. ill health, financial difficulties and other personal reasons.
On these occasions it is often necessary for you to make a change to your registration status.

There are various changes that you can make including: Interruption of study, Permanent withdrawal from College, Transfer of mode of attendance or Transfer of programme of study.

For further information please see the Registry Services pages pages:
 (internal content only)

How do I choose my modules / make changes to my modules?

New students will be asked to submit their module choices before the end of Induction Week (exact deadline varies by department). Full instructions as to the process will be released during Induction Week.

Second and third year students will be asked to make their module choices during semester two of the preceding academic year. This allows your timetable to be constructed around the modules you choose.  Your Programme Administrator will send out instructions during the early part of semester two.  

Please note that the process for changing modules in the Department of Film Studies has changed this year. More information is available on the request to change modules webpage.

How can I find out about exam transcripts / certificates?


Certificates are issued within six months of the date of your award. If you have a query about your King’s certificate, please contact the Examinations and Awards Office.

Please note that the Examinations and Awards Office will not be able to expedite the production of your certificate, so only contact the Examinations and Awards Office if you have not received your certificate six months after the date of award. In such instances, please email the Examination and Awards Office and include your full name, student number, date of award, degree title and home address.

Please note that your certificate will be sent to your home address by recorded delivery. You must ensure that your name and home address are correct on the student system before your date of award. You can check these details via your student record.


If you require proof of your qualification before receipt of your certificate you can apply for an official transcript via Student Services

Please do not contact Professional Services staff to request results, as they are not formally authorised to release marks.

Is there anywhere I can store my instrument?

The Music Student Common Room (SWB 17a, 1st floor) contains lockers that are administered by the undergraduate student representatives. These can be padlocked for secure storage of smaller instruments.

For larger instruments, the department is not able to offer completely secure storage. There is space to leave instruments in the Common Room, but this is done at your own risk. Although access to the room is restricted to Music Students and essential staff, we do not advise leaving any valuables in the room for longer periods.

We want to improve your Student Handbook and we want to help you find the answers you need. If you can't find the answer to your question or have an idea for improving your Handbook, please email




Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2019 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454