How to find us
Where is the Department?
The Department of Philosophy is located in the (aptly-named) Philosophy Building, part of the Strand Campus. Departmental administration is located in Room 507, on the first floor of the building.
How to find us
Visitors to the Department are advised to seek directions from the main Strand reception.
NB Staff may access the Department directly via 34 Surrey Street; however, this door is restricted to swipe-card access only, and is in operation only between the hours of 08.00 and 20.00 Monday to Friday.
Aside from the staff and administrative offices, the Department has two common rooms, and four main teaching rooms. Other lectures tutorials and seminars take place in the staff offices.
- Undergraduate common room (PB407): located on the ground floor of the building, directly below the Department office .
- Postgraduate common room (PB608): on the second floor, directly above the Department office. The postgraduate common room doubles up as the Departmental library, where students can find books and photocopies of a wide range of the articles you may need for your studies.
- PGR / GTA workspace (PB504): on the first floor, as you enter the Philosophy Building from the East Wing entrance. This workspace contains quiet deskspace exclusively for philosophy research students and Graduate Teaching Tutors / Part-Time Teachers.
Department teaching rooms
- Lecture Room (PB405): located on the ground floor, next to the undergraduate common room
- Seminar Room (PB605): on the second floor, along the corridor from the postgraduate common room.
- Basement Room (PB306): at the bottom of the Department's 'central' staircase, directly below the undergraduate common room
- Basement Room (PB304): at the bottom of the main staircase leading back to the East Wing, Main and Strand buildings