Dr Matteo Mameli
Reader in Philosophy
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 2229
Address Room 708, Philosophy Building
King's College London
London, WC2R 2LS
Research interests and PhD supervision
I did my undergraduate work at the University of Bologna. I moved to the UK to do an MPhil and a PhD at King’s College London. After the PhD, I was a Research Fellow at the London School of Economics and Political Science, and then at the University of Cambridge (King’s College). I came back to KCL in 2007, where I am now Reader in Philosophy. I am a member of Council of the Royal Institute of Philosophy and I am in the Editorial Board of the journal Topoi.
A selection of topics in these areas:
- Philosophy of biology, psychology, and anthropology
- Science and society, philosophy of technology, bioethics
- Social and political philosophy
I welcome enquiries from prospective PhD students.
For my research outputs, see here.
Expertise and public engagement
I teach modules on the philosophy of technology and the philosophy of psychology.
I am happy to talk to media about:
- Research in biology, psychology, anthropology, and social science (philosophical, ethical and political implications)
- Technological, scientific, and sociocultural change (philosophical, ethical and political implications)