Dr Lorenzo Del Savio
Visiting Research Fellow
Address Philosophy Building
King's College London
London, WC2R 2L
Dr Del Savio studied Philosophy and History of Thought (Università di Firenze and Università Ca´ Foscari di Venezia). He earned his PhD at the European School of Molecular Medicine (Milan) focusing on the moral and political problems of preventive public health. He is currently a Research Fellow at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel and works on citizen science projects in biomedicine. His main interests are in bioethics, philosophy of technology, political theory and human evolution.
- Bioethics and human evolution
- Technologies and human cooperation
- Research policy
- Buyx A, Del Savio L, Prainsack B, H Völzke. Every participant is a principal investigator. Citizen Science and Participatory Governance in Population Research. The International Journal of Epidemiology. Forthcoming.
- Del Savio L, Cavaliere G, The problem with commercial surrogacy. A reflection on reproduction, markets, and labour. Biolaw Journal, 2016; n.2.
- Del Savio L, Mameli M. Controsovranità. La democrazia oltre alla democrazia rappresentativa. 2015, Fondazione Giangiacome Feltrinelli. ISBN:9788868352325.
- Del Savio L, Mameli M. Power Hierarchies and Social Status: On the Normative Significance of Social Epidemiology. The American Journal of Bioethics, 2015, 15(3): 52-53.
- Stupka E, Del Savio L, Loi M. Social Epigenetics and Equality of Opportunity. Public Health Ethics, 2013, 6(2): 142-153.