Show/hide main menu

Taught programmes

References & Transcripts


Staff are happy to write references for students, both during their period of study at King's and after they have graduated. If you require a reference we suggest that you contact any member of staff who has taught you over a period of time and will therefore be able to comment on your academic performance. If, however, the staff member is on sabbatical leave, has retired or is, for any other reason, unable to complete a reference please contact your personal tutor, who will be able to write a reference using the reports in your student file.
*In order to ensure that we are able to offer a good service we ask that requests for references are submitted at least two weeks before the reference is required.*

If less notice than this is given we cannot guarantee that the reference will be written in time.


Students often require transcripts of their degree (a copy of a breakdown of their degree results) in order to apply for jobs or graduate study. The college is more than willing to provide copies of this document, however, the Department of Classics office itself cannot.

Please visit the Examinations & Awards office webpages for details of how to order a transcript or copy of your certificate:

Record of Agreed Results

This document is produced by Student Services. This document  should be considered as an 'intermediate' transcript and it is available to both current and former students. 

It lists your module registrations and any official results you have for these modules. 

It does not include your final mark and it is not the same as a final degree transcript.  

Departmental letter

Where it is sufficient, the departmental office can provide a letter confirming a student's degree breakdown. This does not, however, count as a degree transcript for official purposes.

A student wishing for such a record should email stating:

  • name, year of graduation and programme title
  • what information the letter should contain
  • to whom it should be addressed

*Such a document can only be written where the office is given 14 days notice.*

Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2019 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454