Revd Canon Mark Oakley
Address Department of Theology & Religious Studies
Virginia Woolf Building
King’s College London
LONDON WC2B 6LE
Chancellor of St Paul’s Cathedral since 2010. Deputy Priest in Ordinary to HM the Queen since 1996. A former Archdeacon of Germany and Northern Europe (2005-2008), Rector of St Paul’s, Covent Garden (2000-2005) and Chaplain to the Bishop of London (1996-2000).
- Contemporary poetry and religious faith
- Contemporary religious language
- LGBT rights and religion
Rvd. Canon Mark Oakley occasional teaches for the AKC on poetry and religion.
He is the host at many public theological and moral debates under the dome of St Paul’s. He is also happy to speak to media on the role of religion today, the expression of religious faith, the poetic essence of Christian faith, LGBT and the Church.
- The Splash of Words: believing in poetry (2016)
- The Collage of God (2001)
- John Donne: Verse and Prose (2002)
- Readings for Funerals (2015)
- Readings for Weddings (2013)