Academic promotions in Arts & Humanities
Posted on 24/04/2012
Twelve members of staff in the School of Arts & Humanities have been recognised for their hard work in the most recent round of academic promotions.
Staff were recognised not only for the quality of their publications, but for the quality of their teaching, their dedication to students at all levels, and for their commitment to their department and the wider academic community.
- Maria Alvarez (Philosophy) was promoted from Lecturer to Reader
- Mark Betz (Film Studies) from Senior Lecturer to Reader
- Elizabeth Eger (English) from Senior Lecturer to Reader
- Michael Kerr (Middle Eastern & Mediterranean Studies) from Senior Lecturer to Professor
- Carool Kersten (Theology & Religious Studies) from Lecturer to Senior Lecturer
- Sophie Lunn Rockliffe (Classics) from Lecturer to Senior Lecturer
- Matteo Mameli (Philosophy) Lecturer to Reader
- Ian McBride (History) from Senior Lecturer to Professor
- Christoph Meyer (European & International Studies) from Senior Lecturer to Professor
- Elisa Sampson Tudela (Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies) from Lecturer to Senior Lecturer
- Adam Silverstein (Theology & Religious Studies) from Senior Lecturer to Reader
- Joan Taylor (Theology & Religious Studies) from Lecturer to Professor.
Welcoming the promotions, Head of School Jan Palmowski said: “At the beginning of the summer term, I just wanted to take the opportunity to congratulate those members of staff who were promoted last term. I would also like to thank these colleagues for their commitment to students, and their many contributions to the life of their department and the School.”
All promotions will take effect from September 2012, with the exception of Adam Silverstein whose promotion is effective now.