Update your research profile
Postgraduate research students are encouraged to update their profile pages on the College’s research website, the Research Portal.
The King’s Research Portal showcases the breadth and diversity of King’s research, from researcher biographies and research group profiles to funding details and research outputs such as published books and peer-reviewed journal articles. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself and your research to the world and can help you develop an academic career.
The data for the Portal is drawn from the Pure system, which can be accessed here.
Research students are recommended to make the following updates to their profiles:
- Add profile information including research interests, a biography, qualifications, a photo etc.
- Search for any publications in Pure co-authored with King’s staff and link yourselves to them so that they will be displayed on your profile pages.
- Add any other research publications you have authored.
- Upload the full text of your research outputs to make them available on the Portal (where copyright agreements allow).
- Have your King’s thesis uploaded to Pure for access in the Portal.
- Update your ‘activities’ to show your media experience, impact and public engagement work including conference and/or poster presentations.
- Upload a profile picture (160 x 185 pixels). Please note this should be a professional head and shoulders shot only (please remember potential employers may look at your profile and so you should make sure your picture is appropriate).
Help and support
Full instructions on how to make the above profile updates are available in the userguide for research students which is available on the intranet. Support is also available from the Pure team at firstname.lastname@example.org For research output support, please contact email@example.com