Arts & Humanities global reach
Our academics and students are part of a truly global community, and this experience is distinguished in five ways:
- Over a third of our staff and students are from abroad. Most of our international students come from the US, Germany, Greece and France, but we have also had a growing number of students from mainland China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
- Our academics are constantly invited as speakers at international conferences all over the world, ensuring that we are at the forefront of academic research in the arts and humanities worldwide.
- We have formed a number of close collaborations with prestigious strategic partners over the years which have led to ground-breaking research collaborations. They have also enabled our students to form invaluable international connections.
- Our students have access to a wide network of exchange partners all over the world.
- Situated at the heart of a global city, we are actively supported through a number of embassies, international networks and ethnic groups.
Our international ethos ensures that all our students benefit from a genuinely multicultural environment in a British university.
Our teaching is of truly international standard, and our global networks enhance the international job prospects of our students – inside and outside of academia.