King's Finance for Strategic Impact
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Overall objectives of the course
This course is aimed at two broad constituencies: those in, or aspiring to, senior leadership positions who want to increase their financial literacy, and those from a finance background who want to broaden their skillset and clarify how the finance function can add broader value to their organization. Designed around the themes of ‘Financial Management’, ‘Strategy’ and ‘Leadership’, we look at both the technical aspects of finance and the ways in which high level organizational decisions are influenced by finance. Crucially, a big emphasis is placed upon how these two intertwine and how a minimum threshold of financial expertise is a de facto pre-requisite for those aspiring to leadership positions.
Specifically, those taking this course will benefit in the following ways:
- Enhanced decision making at the operational and strategic levels via a greater understanding of the financial implications of management decisions
- Greater confidence when engaging in financial discussions
- Increased ability to deconstruct costs, revenue and the drivers of profitability
- Fuller appreciation of budgeting and project appraisal processes
Those from a finance background will benefit from the course in the following ways:
- Increased awareness of how finance professionals can be ‘business partners’ for all functions within organizations
- Improved ability to communicate financial information to shareholders and other stakeholder groups
- A fuller sense of how to move from performing a specialist finance function into a broader leadership role
Who is this course for?
Those in mid to senior level positions in either public or private organizations whose role involves responsibility for organizational and/or financial performance. It is targeted at both: those who do not have a financial background but whose careers would benefit from more effective understanding of the financial drivers of organizational success; and, those who do have a finance background but want to leverage their financial expertise for greater organizational and personal career success
- Professor Crawford Spence - Professor of Accounting and Vice Dean (Corporate Relations), King's Business School
- Professor Alison Wolf, Baroness Wolf of Dulwich - Sir Roy Griffiths Professor of Public Sector Management, King's Business School
- Dr Jeremy Morales - Reader in Accounting, King's Business School
Key course facts
4, 5, 6 September 2019. Presentation date, 18 December 2019.
Three teaching days, plus feedback session, wrap up and certificate ceremony
| Entry requirements
Relevant professional experience, evidence through application form.
2:1 degree or equivalent desirable. (Degree required for those wishing to take the course for credit.)
The course is CPD accredited and can also be undertaken for 15 credits towards an Executive Management MSc at King's Business School
Case study from participants' own work environment
Bush House, Stand Campus
The course fee for the inaugural year is £2,500 (10% alumni discount).
Applications now open. Apply now or enquire below.
Please enquire using the form below.