The project is aimed towards SMEs (small to medium enterprises) in King’s local boroughs – Westminster, Lambeth and Southwark – however this is not an exclusive catchment area and we welcome SMEs in other boroughs to apply.
- A SME has fewer than 250 employees
- A SME usually has an annual turnover of less than €50 million, though we typically work with organisations with annual revenues much lower than this, i.e. under £1 million
- We are also interested in working with charities and other not-for-profit organisations
- Your organisation must be in operation as opposed to a business idea
- We also welcome applications from organisations which are part of, or have been part of, the King’s Entrepreneurship Institute’s Accelerator programme
Applications for 2022/23 is now open. Please apply on this form by 18 September 2022.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be contacted by the King’s Business School Consultancy Project Team who will discuss your aspirations in more detail. If your application is accepted, our team will partner your business with a student consultancy team of three to four students.
Our consultants will be final year students studying a undergraduate degree in economics, business and/or management at King’s College London.
Throughout the project, the students will be supervised by Dr Catherine Tilley, who is a member of the academic faculty at King’s Business School. Catherine has over 20 years’ experience working as a consultant, and spent 14 years as a Director of Operations at McKinsey & Company, where she worked on a range of organisational and strategic projects.
The consultancy will commence from the second week of October and culminate at the end of November (approximately six to seven weeks). During this time, our consultants will meet with you and/or your chosen colleagues to discuss your business challenges and goals, agree objectives, and work towards them.
Our consultants will meet with you two to three times during this period and will remain in communication with you throughout.
Please note, our students will not be working for you. They will act as consultants as opposed to interns.
During the consultancy period’s culmination, at the November, our consultants will provide their final analysis and a set of recommendations in the form of a presentation and accompanying written report which your business can use to tackle the challenges outlined at the beginning of the project and achieve its goals going forward.
Our students will sign NDAs should you require them to.