King's Leadership & Professional Skills Award
The King’s Leadership & Professional Skills Award (KLPSA) is an opportunity for participants to reflect on their strengths, develop valuable employability skills and knowledge of careers, and learn how to communicate these skills in a careers context - crucial in today’s competitive market.
You will be required to choose and attend 2 KLPSA specific in-person skills development sessions from the range offered. These sessions cover skills including: leadership, project management, communication, presentation, innovating & problem solving, networking and interview techniques. You will also be required to complete an online learning course, which you can choose from a selection of, and complete at least 30 hours of experiential learning.
Required activities summary:
- Attend 2 KLPSA assessed sessions (each session is 2 hours long, and multiple sessions are offered per semester, across Strand & Guy’s campuses)
- Complete 1 online course
- Attend 3 on-campus Careers & Employability workshops or activities. These can include a maximum of one Careers Fair and 2 other workshops, or 3 workshops. Workshops typically last between 1-2 hours.
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of experiential learning - this can be from part-time work, an internship or volunteering for instance.
- Holding an extra-curricular/society/departmental position(s) of responsibility
- Other engagement in positions of responsibility at King’s & activities at King's
- Demonstrating self-directed careers learning e.g. creating a LinkedIn profile
Visit the King's Leadership & Professional Skills Award page for more information.