Student Opportunity Fund
The Student Opportunity Fund is, made possible through the generosity of King's alumni and is open to all undergraduate and taught postgraduate students. Grants of up to £500 are provided to individual students while grants of up to £1,000 are awarded to groups of students who propose innovative projects to enhance the educational experience.
The fund gives King’s students an opportunity to collaborate with each other and with their lecturers to enhance their learning in new and innovative ways.
Grants are awarded by a convened panel, which oversees the Fund. An applicatn should show development of new learning, knowledge, experiences, skills and attributes that enables the student to achieve their academic and career goals.
How do I apply?
Please apply via King's Careers Connect (KCC). Applications are now open and will close on Monday 29th October.
How can funding be used?
In the drop down boxes below are common ways grants may/can't be used.
Examples of how grants may be used include:
Grants may not be used to:
- participation in educational conferences, seminars or excursions aligned to an academic discipline;
- collaborative student projects, related to their studies
- extra academic event or invited guest speakers as part of a programme of study
- attendance at seminars, or events intended to enhance transferable skills
Other funding areas that may be of interest:
- Subsidise your degre or student accomodation fees.
- Support extra-curricular activities or academic-credit-bearing activities.
- Support elective modules,study abroad electives or dissertation research
- Purchase equipment
It is important that the Fund is managed to promote and enhance the student academic experience. Successful applicants are required to produce a short video or report vdeo after the project is completed to evaluate the impact on the learning experience.
For further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.