Student Opportunity Fund
The Student Opportunity Fund is, made possible through the generosity of King's alumni and is open to all undergraduate and taught postgraduate students. Grants of up to £500 are provided to individual students while grants of up to £1,000 are awarded to groups of students who propose innovative projects to enhance the educational experience.
The fund gives King’s students an opportunity to collaborate with each other and with their lecturers to enhance their learning in new and innovative ways.
How do I apply?
Applications for the third intake of the Student Opportunity Fund have now opened. Applications will close on the 18th June 11:59pm.
Please note we are reviewing the regulations of the Student Opportunity Fund for the next academic year. Students who have applied in previous years may not be eligible for the next SOF intakes. Our regulations will be updated before the next SOF intake opens.
Grants are awarded by a convened panel, which oversees the Fund. Strong applications will lead to real improvements to the student learning experience and present an opportunity for those involved to develop transferable skills such as project management, time management and financial management.
Examples of how grants may be used include:
- participation in educational conferences, seminars or excursions aligned to an academic discipline;
- collaborative student projects, related to their studies
- extra academic event or invited guest speakers as part of a programme of study
- attendance at seminars, or events intended to enhance transferable skills.
Grants may not be used to:
- Subsidise programme or student accommodation fees
- Support extra-curricular activities or academic-credit-bearing activities.
- Support elective modules,study abroad electives or dissertation research
- Purchase equipment
Other funding areas that may be of interest:
It is important that the Fund is managed to promote and enhance the student academic experience. Successful applicants are required to produce a short report or video after the project is completed to evaluate the impact on the learning experience. This report will be hosted on the King's Experience Blog and the video will appear on our Vimeo channel.
For further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.