Show/hide main menu

Former students

Former students


Just get in touch

Proof of study and general enquiries

If you studied at King's in the past, you may need to provide proof of this, or you may just have an enquiry to make with the university. Student Services will continue to support you free-of-charge. 

Scroll down to take a look at some of our most common documentation requests.

Use the request form to submit your request for the speediest response.

Request form

Common requests

Confirmation of Award

A 'Confirmation of Award letter' is an official document produced on letter headed paper that is signed and stamped. As standard it confirms the following information about your studies:

  • Your full name, date of birth and student number
  • Your mode of study, i.e. full-time or part-time
  • Your award title
  • The start and end date of your studies
  • Your award date
  • Your final degree classification

An award letter is typically used in seeking further studies and finding employment, where proof of your final degree classification and study dates is required. 

It is important to note that your award date may be stated as a date in the future to when the letter was produced. This is because all UK degrees have award dates that are on the first of the month after the month the exam board ratified your degree.


  • An award letter can only be produced for students who have been notified of their final degree classification.
  • An award letter is not the equivalent of an official degree certificate. Your degree certificate is a unique document that is produced by the Examinations and Awards Office.

Need the letter to include more info?

It may be necessary that you acquire evidence from the university that in addition to establishing your award, confirms other key information relating to your studies, such as the language of instruction or cumulative score ('c-score').

Please simply let us know and we will do our best to provide you with the letter you need. 

Council Tax Exemption

Council Tax exemption ends when you complete your course. However, you may still need a letter confirming your study details if you have received a bill for the time you were a student.

When making this request, make sure to quote the address you are claiming exemption on, and the dates you were living at this address. If we have the address on record, then we will quote this in the letter.

Record of Agreed Results

A 'Record of Agreed Results' (RoAR) is an official document produced on letter headed paper that is signed and stamped. As a standard it confirms the following information about your studies:

  • Details about you and your programme of study
  • The agreed final results for each module undertaken separated by academic year

This document will only show results that have been ratified by the exam board.Where results have not yet been conferred, the statement 'Not yet ratified' will appear by the module title.


This document is not an official degree transcript. Your official degree transcript is a unique document that can only be produced by the Examinations and Awards Office.

How can it be used?

A RoAR can be used when either an official transcript is not necessary or as a temporary solution in lieu of an official transcript, where evidence of your academic performance is required.

We cannot produce this document for:

  • Students undertaking a course in either Medicine or Dentistry will need to make this request with the Academic Centre
  • Nursing and Midwifery students will need to make this request with Nursing Student Hub
  • Student's who completed their degree before comprehensive records were digitised, please contact us to confirm whether this applies to you or not.
Forms stamped & signed

During the course of your studies and after, you may find that forms you are required to complete for various purposes, such as obtaining funding or a discount, require the university to confirm your study details and other related information; Student Services is the first place to visit with any such forms. 

If we cannot complete the form, then we are best placed to navigate you to the appropriate department.

Supporting letter for Tier 2

If you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a Tier 2 visa, Student Services will provide you with a letter to send with your visa application. 

The template for this letter is tailored to the requirement set by UKVI, so you should not expect the letter to be missing any key information. However, we do recommend that you ask your employer to check your application before you send it.

Diploma supplement

If you're an EU student, you may be requested by an employer or another higher education institution, to provide a 'diploma supplement or Higher Education Achievment Report' (HEAR) alongside your qualifications. 

What is it?

The Diploma Supplement/HEAR follows the model developed by the European Commission, Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES.  

The purpose of the document is to provide sufficient recognition of qualifications (diplomas, degrees, certificates etc).  

It is designed to provide a description of the nature, level, context and status of the studies that were pursued and successfully completed by you, and it is intended to be submitted in conjunction with your official degree certificate.  It is free from any value judgements, equivalence statements or suggestions about recognition.

Do I need the Diploma Supplment or HEAR?

All students who first registered before the 2012/13 academic year will continue to receive a Diploma Supplement ordered from The Compass.

All other students are now elgible for the HEAR


  • Was this page helpful?
    Let us know.
  • Please select


Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2018 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454