Support for Student Societies & Brand Ambassadors
Enhancing employability through collaboration and cooperation.
|We have great relationships with many student societies, sports clubs and brand ambassadors at King's - whether affiliated to KCLSU or your faculty, discover how we can work with you and your members.|
In order to work effectively with you, we have put together the following advice and guidance when considering running careers-related events or activities or engaging with employers.
King's Careers & Employability has a dedicated Employer Engagement team, who manage the institution's relationships with employers in the UK and internationally, so we ask that societies get in touch with us to discuss your ideas and potential collaboration opportunities.
What do we do...
We run a large number of annual events, including:
- 9 careers fairs covering a range of sectors and jobs.
- 6 networking nights, informal boutique evenings to meet employers.
- 48 panel events with alumni and speakers covering sectors such as banking, journalism, sustainability and the United Nations
- 100+ seminars and workshops delivered by careers consultants, employers and alumni.
- 300+ employer presentations, networking events and dinners both on campus and off campus.
We can help you with...
- Advertising your events on our social media channels (if they are relevant and do not clash with our existing events calendar) - email us to inform us of an upcoming event.
- Advice on how to engage with organisations when seeking sponsorship or support.
- Advice on how to deliver a successful event including around logistics.
We cannot help you with...
- Advertising society events on King's CareerConnect*
- Advertising society events which do not meet our terms and conditions.
- Advertising society events which represent a direct clash with our existing calendar of events and activities.
- Booking rooms on campus or using our own spaces*
- Completion of any risk assessments or similar documentation.
- Access to our employer database or contacts within organisations or with our partner employers, internship hosts or other institutions.
- Access to our student and graduate records or the King's alumni database
- Support with costs associated with hosting an event (e.g. catering, security or hire costs).
- Support with external funding or sponsorship.
*unless they are a joint event with King's Careers & Employability
To find out more about how we might work with your society or club or work with you as a brand ambassador, email our Employer Engagement team for further information.