|We hold nine sector-specific fairs annually focussing on finance, life sciences, law, medicine, technology, consultancy and business and advertise many others on King's CareerConnect.|
Events generally take place during the day so you can drop in between lectures and classes. Some fairs take place over two or three days with different organisations in attendance daily - so be sure to attend each.
You MUST book attendance in advance and bring your King's ID card with you for scanning upon arrival.
Why attend our careers fairs?
What do I need to wear?
Careers fairs provide a great way to find out more about employment sectors that interest you and to talk with graduate recruiters, people from the business and King's alumni from a range of organisations. You will be given the opportunity to:
- ask questions about their open days, internships and graduate schemes.
- find out more about the recruitment application and interview processes.
- get insiders' views about the working environment and culture of the organisation to assess whether it is likely to fit your aspirations.
- build up a network of contacts.
Our events are usually held during the day so organisations will not expect you to be dressed in business attire, but they are your opportunity to meet potential future employers so be sure consider this.
Where can I find more information?
What do I need to bring with me?
We produce brochures for our main fairs which are available in advance on the event listing on King's CareerConnect and on the day itself. If you have other questions, contact us.
NEW! Careers Fair Plus App
Bring as little as possible! Our fairs can be very busy, so try not to bring too much with you as there is nowhere to store bags or coats. You may wish to bring:
- a notebook and pen to make notes and record conversations.
- business cards (available for postgraduate students only).
- copies of your CV, but be aware that fairs are generally not direct recruiting events.
From 2019, you can find accompanying information on attendees at all our major careers fairs using the Careers Fair Plus app, downloadable for free on iOS and Android.
Events covered on the app are:
- Banking, Finance & Consultancy Fair
- Technology, Engineering & Data Fair
- Law Fair
- Careers Options Fair
The Careers Fair Plus App allows you to:
- get hints and tips and view employer profiles to help you get 'fair-ready' and ask the right questions on the day
- filter and search for employers by a variety of criteria to make the most of your time
- receive real-time updates and latest fair new straight to your phone
- view an interactive floor plan of The Great Hall
To download the app search for Careers Fair Plus on the App Store or Google Play.
Upcoming Careers Fairs...