Show/hide main menu

Former students

Former students


Just get in touch

Proof of study and general enquiries

If you studied at King's in the past, you may need to provide proof of this, or you may just have an enquiry to make with the university. Student Services will continue to support you free-of-charge. 

Scroll down to take a look at some of our most common documentation requests.

Use the request form to submit your request for the speediest response.

Request form

Common requests

Your award and module results

Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught (Masters) students

The Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) contains (amongst other key information):

The HEAR has been designed to meet international regulatory standards. (It may also be referred to as a Diploma supplement.)

You can share it directly with employers and other universities/higher education institutions worldwide. 


Your HEAR is available through Gradintelligence:


Log in to Gradintelligence

  • Follow the link above and click login in the top right-hand corner
  • As a King’s student, you will already have a profile automatically setup with your student KCL email address, so no need to sign up!
  • You should have received your login details at the beginning of the course


Lost Account Details?

If you can’t remember or find your login details, then simply click ‘Lost Account Details’ to retrieve your credentials. (You will need to access your KCL email address.)




Pre-2012/13 students

If you enrolled on your course before the 2012/13 academic year, then unforunately the HEAR is not available to you. 

Feel free to submit a request for a Confirmation of Award and/or Record of Agreed Results (ROAR).

Please note, a final ROAR will contain your final award classification with your module results.


Non-standard requests

If the HEAR does not meet your requirements then please feel free to submit a request with us detailing your needs. We will do our best within our policy framework to support you.



The HEAR is not what is commonly referred to as an official degree transcript. 

Your official degree transcript is a unique document that can only be produced by the Examinations and Awards Office.


Postgraduate Research students

Contact us directly to request a Confirmation of Award letter.

Unfortunately the HEAR report is not currently available to you.

Council Tax Exemption

Council Tax exemption ends when you complete your course. However, you may still need a letter confirming your study details if you have received a bill for the time you were a student.

When making this request, make sure to quote the address you are claiming exemption on, and the dates you were living at this address. If we have the address on record, then we will quote this in the letter.

Forms stamped & signed

During the course of your studies and after, you may find that forms you are required to complete for various purposes, such as obtaining funding or a discount, require the university to confirm your study details and other related information; Student Services is the first place to visit with any such forms. 

If we cannot complete the form, then we are best placed to navigate you to the appropriate department.

Supporting letter for Tier 2

If you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for a Tier 2 visa, Student Services will provide you with a letter to send with your visa application. 

The template for this letter is tailored to the requirement set by UKVI, so you should not expect the letter to be missing any key information. However, we do recommend that you ask your employer to check your application before you send it.


  • Was this page helpful?
    Let us know.
  • Please select


Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2019 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454