Patient, Family and Public Involvement (PPI)
At the Cicely Saunders Institute, we want to involve patients, their families and the public in our research. Research that has input from patients, families and the public from the start is more likely to make a difference.
We need your help to make sure the needs and experiences of patients and their families are included in our research. We therefore want to invite people with relevant experience or interest in palliative care or rehabilitation to:
- Share their views and experiences of care in advanced illness or rehabilitation
- Offer advice on how best to include other patients, families and the public in our research
- Advise us on project documents
- Help ensure that our research is carried out in a respectful way
- Help us in sharing our research findings with the public
You can also get involved in our online forum. The forum allows you to discuss and give feedback to our researchers on their current research projects. This gives you a flexible way to be involved in our research at a time that suits you, in addition to the above opportunities for involvement.
You may also like to get involved in our breathlessness specific public involvement group which invites people with a lived experience of breathlessness as a patient, carer or family member to represent their views and experiences to support our breathlessness focussed studies. Find out more here.
If you would like to be involved, or would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also see some of our current activities by looking at our newsletters and resources.