Patient, Family and Public Involvement (PPI)
The aim of our patient and public involvement (PPI) work is to enable patients, families, and members of the public with an interest in palliative care and rehabilitation research to actively work together with our researchers at the Cicely Saunders Institute.
When developing and conducting research it is important for us to understand the needs and experiences of patients, families and the public to ensure that the work we do is more meaningful and matches their priorities. For that reason, we want to invite people with experience of palliative and or rehabilitation to:
- Share views and experiences of care in advanced illness or rehabilitation
- Offer advice on how best to include patients, families and the public in our research
- Advise us on promotional and informational materials
- Help ensure that our research is carried out in an ethical and respectful way
- Support us in sharing our important research findings with the public
You can also get involved in our online forum. On the forum you can discuss and advise on research ideas with our researchers. This provides for more flexible involvement in our research, in addition to the in-person involvement opportunities.
If you would like to be involved in our patient and public involvement group, or would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com