C-CHANGE and OACC Workshop
On Thursday 30th October 2014, the C-CHANGE project team collaborated with the OACC project team to host a workshop for local and national stakeholders. The workshop, which was titled 'Capturing Complexity and Implementing Funding Models in Palliative Care: Emerging Evidence', encouraged delegates to consider emerging evidence about capturing complexity, measuring outcomes, and implementing funding models for palliative care, and to discuss the opportunities and challenges of this work.
As the first C-CHANGE event, this was a chance to introduce the main aims and objectives of the project to a wider audience of leading figures in palliative care. Funding and research developments, both national and international, within palliative care were also discussed with speakers from the UK, US and Australia presenting on the most recent evidence within the field.
The workshop evaluation report, including the presentations and feedback from the discussion groups, can be found here.
- Professor Kathy Eagar, Professor and Director of the Australian Health Services Research Institute - Implementation of case-mix classification and funding model into palliative care in Australia
- Professor Kathy Eagar presentation (PDF 526kb)
- Professor David Casarett, Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania - Outcome measurement and national datasets: the value of outcomes data
- Professor David Casarett presentation (PDF 714kb)
- Mr Dilwyn Sheers , Palliative Care Funding Review at NHS England - Palliative Care Funding Review: developing a palliative currency
- Mr Dilwyn Sheers presentation (PDF 966kb)
- Dr Fliss Murtagh, Reader in Palliative Medicine, Cicely Saunders Institute, King's College London - Complexity, case-mix and outcomes in palliative care - emerging evidence and experience
- Dr Fliss Murtagh presentation (PDF 2369kb)