Palliative Care MSc
This is a multi-professional course, jointly developed by King's College London and St Christopher's Hospice and specifically designed to appeal to future leaders of palliative and end of life care. The aim of the course is to help you develop the skills necessary to appraise research and evidence on palliative care, and to improve clinical practice and lead services.
The Palliative Care MSc enables palliative care professionals from a wide range of clinical backgrounds and career paths to synthesise their experience in the context of palliative care, develop their skills and knowledge, develop their careers and take the specialty forward.
The PG Diploma and PG Certificate enable students to take MSc modules and work towards the full MSc qualification over a longer timescale.
Since the MSc course was established in 1998 students have included trainee doctors in palliative medicine, general practitioners (family doctors), doctors and nurses working in oncology, haematology, nephrology, cardiology, neurology and respiratory medicine. Other professions have included social workers, radiographers, psychologists, physiotherapists, pharmacists, music therapists and chaplains.
We have had students from all over the world: UK, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Asia and Australasia.
Our learning outcomes are:
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of research methods as applied to palliative care
- The skills necessary to appraise existing research and develop and execute methodologically robust projects in your own work setting or country (often in collaboration with others)
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of palliative care, the contribution of different disciplines and biological, ethical, and cultural issues
- Enhanced skills in evidence-based clinical practice, teaching and service development in palliative care
- The attitudes and knowledge to take palliative care forward.
What our students say:
An international student's perspective:
Applications Deadline 2021
The application deadlines for entry to the Palliative Care MSc in Janury 2021:
International application deadline: 23rd October 2020
Home/EU application deadline: 23rd November 2020
Check out our updated course page below:
Or contact our Administrator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telpehone on 02078485435