Explore Cultural London
To help you get out and explore cultural London, we have collated a selection of free, student and young-people-friendly offers from some of the London major cultural and creative venues. Most are free to subscribe to for regular information and can make enjoying cultural London much affordable.
These suggestions are just the beginning, why not get in touch with your local arts venues, many of which offer concession tickets for students. Or why not go somewhere new and try something different?
We'd love to hear how you get on. Why not follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
As offer change regularly, we can't guarantee that these offers are up-to-date. Always check with the venue for current offers.
At King's and general
- Cultural Programming The Cultural Programming team engages the public with the work of the university, curating creative spaces at the interface between King’s and London by bringing together academics, artists, cultural partners and students to stimulate curiosity and provoke new thinking. The team hosts regular exhibitions in the King's gallery space on Strand Campus: the Inigo Rooms in Somerset House East Wing, which are usually free to King's students.
- Unlocking London from KCLSU From the best parties in the city to exploring the cultural and historical wonders of London, KCLSU Events let you make the most of what London has to offer, at student-friendly prices.
- NT Live at King’s King’s puts on a programme of NT Live screenings throughout the year, tickets are only £5 for King’s students. Keep an eye on the What's on pages to see what’s coming up.
- TimeOut - Cheap London These are not necessarily student-specific, but TimeOut London helpfully collate the best of the cheap and the free from comedy and music to food and drink.
King's Cultural Societies
Multi-arts, festivals and film
BFI - £3 tickets If you’re aged 16 to 25, head down to BFI Southbank 45 minutes before the film screening of your choice to grab a last minute ticket for just £3.
Roundhouse – GET IN If you are aged 16-25, GET IN is a free membership scheme giving you access to buy exclusive £5 tickets to selected Roundhouse gigs and shows. The Roundhouse also runs creative workshops and courses to help you cut your teeth as artists.
Barbican – Young Barbican Another free membership scheme for 14-25 year olds, Young Barbican gives you discounted access to over 50,000 tickets across art, film, music, theatre and dance for only £5, £10 or £15 or, with new film releases just £5 (Monday–Thursday). Student tickets are also available for most of their events if you are over 25.
National Theatre - Entrypass Entry Pass is a free membership scheme for anyone aged 16 – 25 that enables you to receive £5 tickets to all NT productions. If you are over 25 and a show is not sold out, they also offer a student standby rate of £15 in person from 45 minutes before the start of a performance.
Old Vic - PwC £10 Tickets £10 tickets for previews of all their shows. Sign up for their mailing list to get alerts when they go on sale to make sure you can nab them early.
RSC Key If you're 16-25 or a student, sign up for free and get access to £5 theatre tickets for RSC shows in Stratford-upon-Avon and London. Attend five shows and you'll a ticket for your sixth show for free.
Young Vic The Young Vic offers a number of £10 tickets for every production for full time students and people aged 25 and under. No sign up is required - just select 'concession' when you buy and bring proof of your student status when you pickup your tickets.
Oval House For something off the beaten track check out Ovalhouse in south London for off-West End and fringe productions. Get tickets to main house shows for £7, concessionary tickets for the downstairs venue from £3 and, bottles of Becks for just £2 with student ID.
- ENO – Access All Arias Free to join for 16–29 year olds or full-time students, registering gives you the opportunity to book two discounted tickets per production from £10 per ticket.
- Royal Opera House Students Register for free and get access to Student tickets (£1-£25), Two tickets for £10 for live cinema screenings, last minute £10 student standby tickets and much more.
- London Philharmonic Orchestra – NOISE Students receive £4 best available seats to selected concerts, as well as an invitation to have a free drink after the concert at selected NOISE bars.
Visual arts & Galleries
- National Art Pass National Art Pass gives you free entry to over 225 museums, galleries and historic houses across the UK as well as half price entry to major exhibitions. (£31 for 1 year under 26 membership).
- ICA - concessionary membership ICA offers concessionary tickets for all their events, or £10 for a year’s membership which makes you eligible for £5 cinema tickets on Tuesdays, 10% discounts on all books and at the ICA Café Bar as well as 12 free members’ screenings a year.
- Courtauld Gallery Next to Strand Campus in the Somerset House Courtyard, the Courtauld Gallery offers free or £5 (depending on the exhibition) tickets for students.
Free talks, workshops and events
Late Night Events
Ideas for other activities