Application for 2019-2020 is open 15 April - 9 June 2019.
Am I eligible?
- The programme is open to any current student, staff member or alumni from King’s. Each applicant must have a member of founding or leadership team with one of these affiliations to the university.
- Participants can be part of the accelerator part-time or full time (minimum a day a week + 8 events across the year). We ask that you are committed to making the most of the programme and making your idea happen.
- The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible to allow for other commitments (lectures, clinics, childcare, work etc).
- Most of all the programme is all about your personal learning journey and growth – and we want to have as much fun as possible along the way!
If you require a visa to take part in the programme (International student who will be graduating soon), we may also be able to support your application for a Start-Up Visa. This is an immigration category which allows students with world-class innovative ideas or entrepreneurial skills to extend their stay in the UK after graduation, by establishing and developing one or more businesses in the UK under the supervision of their academic institution. At King’s we offer endorsement letters to students who are applicable.
What we’re looking for
We accept applications from ideas/ ventures at any stage of development, however…
Each year the best predictor of success if what we call ‘founder/market fit’: i.e. founders who have deep experience in and/or enthusiasm for the problem they’re trying to solve. For example, in the 2018-2019 cohort…
o a team called Tify who are building a marketing analytics platform, have worked previously in marketing/ campaign management
o Live More, who run physical training for mental health patients, are founded by someone with experience as a psychiatric nurse AND personal trainer
o The Seedlink team spent 3 months in Malawi becoming experts in agriculture logistics before building their venture to connect smallholder farmers with commercial buyers
If you haven’t already, we strongly suggest you discover and explore the problem you’re tackling, starting by speaking to customers. This book is highly recommended to help you with that process.
How to apply
- Please READ THE 2019-2020 FAQs and terms & conditions pdf
- Submit your application using the online form
Applications are reviewed by an expert panel and shortlisted applicants are invited to interview.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Ed Halliday, Accelerator Manager, Entrepreneurship Institute firstname.lastname@example.org
Support with your application
Come to a King’s20 group drop in session in March and April where we can support you with your application and share more about the programme. Book time here
Come to an Entrepreneurship Institute drop in session: if you have any other questions, you can also attend one of our monthly idea feedback sessions (register here).
- Applications open on 15th April and close at 11.59pm on Sunday 9th June via this link
- Interviews take place the week of 24th to 28th June
- Successful applicants will be notified the week of 1st July
- The programme starts/ ends on on 30th September 2019/ 11th September 2020
Ask Techstars: Applying to an Accelerator, March 2017
Ask Techstars: Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying to an Accelerator, April, 2017