Applications for Cohort V 2020-2021 will open at noon on Wednesday 15th April and close at midnight on Sunday 14th June 2020.
The King's20 Accelerator Cohort V 2020-2021 is proceeding as planned. We are constantly monitoring the ongoing situation and reviewing our plans in line with government and univeristy guidance. At this point, we are looking to provide a flexible and online delivery of the Accelerator programme. This means that applicants outside of the UK are encouraged to apply from their home countries.
Am I eligible?
- The programme is open to any current student, staff member or alumni from King’s. Each applicant must have a member of founding or leadership team with one of these affiliations to the university.
- Participants can be part of the accelerator part-time or full time (minimum a day a week + 8 events across the year). We ask that you are committed to making the most of the programme, actively contributing to our like-minded community in order to make your idea happen.
- The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible to allow for other commitments (lectures, clinics, childcare, work etc).
- The programme is all about your personal learning journey and growth and therefore requires your utmost commitment and dedication - we want to have as much fun as possible along the way!
- If you require a visa to take part in the programme (International student who will be graduating soon), we may also be able to support your application for a Start-Up Visa - an immigration category which allows students with world-class innovative ideas or entrepreneurial skills to extend their stay in the UK after graduation, by establishing and developing one or more businesses in the UK under the supervision of their academic institution.
What we’re looking for
We accept applications from ventures at any stage of development, ranging from an idea, early stage prototype development, launched product/service to those ventures generating revenue.
The best predictor of success if something we refer to as ‘founder/market fit’: i.e. founders who have deep experience in and/or enthusiasm for the problem they’re trying to solve.
For example, in the 2019-2020 cohort…
Black Milq Ice Cream had sold over 10,000 litres of ice creams to customers at markets and events.
Privasee App undertook intensive market validation amongst startups and SME’s across the UK and Spain which resulted in 700 potential users of the software signing up to their newsletter.
Maa (Maternal Aid Association) grew a grass-roots team of students and professionals across the UK and Bangladesh and provided free antenatal checks for more than 200 expectant mothers.
If you haven’t already, we strongly suggest you discover and explore the problem you’re tackling, starting by speaking to potential customers and working out the demand of your product/service. Some help? Read ‘The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you’.
How to apply
- Please read the King’s20 Information Pack including the Terms & Conditions
- Read the FAQs
- Submit your application using the online form
Applications are reviewed by an expert panel and shortlisted applicants are invited to interview. Interviews will take place over a two-week period starting from week commencing 29th June 2020.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Holly Knower, Head of Ventures, Entrepreneurship Institute email@example.com
Support with your application
SIgn up to one of our King's20 Accelerator online information sessions (held monthly) to find out more about the King’s20 Accelerator, application process and top tips for your submission. Book time here
Have an early stage idea or Business? You can speak to member of the Entrepreneurship Institute, and book drop an Ideas Feedback session.
- Applications open at noon on Wednesday 15th April and close at 11.59pm on Sunday 14th June via this link.
- Interviews will take place over a two-week period starting from week commencing 29th June 2020.
- Successful applicants will be notified the week of 13th July
- The programme starts on Monday 28th September 2020 and ends on Friday 10th September 2021.
Launchpad – Tips and Tricks for joining an Accelerator, March 2018
Podcast – What you should know about accelerators (what, why, tips)
12 Reason why you should join an accelerator, February 2018
Making your accelerator application stand out, November 2018