The Circle U. Challenge brings together international and interdisciplinary student teams from across Europe to develop solutions to authentic challenges faced by civic partners in our regions, cities, and communities.
There are 6 Challenges to choose from and any student or student team can apply to any of the Challenges (not just the Challenge their university is organising!)
Circle U. Challenges:
- Aarhus University: Aarhus Eats Greener.
- Université Paris Cité: Creating an Eco-responsible Hospital.
- University of Oslo: Car-free liveability.
- King's College London: Improving mental health for Lambeth residents.
- University of Belgrade: Software solution for University Clinical Centre of Serbia.
- University of Belgrade: Photogrammetry of Grave's orbitopathy patients.
The King’s College London Circle. U Challenge:
Designed in collaboration with the London Borough of Lambeth and South London and Maudsley Hospital (SLaM), the King's College London Circle U. Challenge aims to address the critical issue of mental health in Lambeth. We are calling on students from across King’s and all Circle U. partner universities to sign-up and take part!
Participants will work together in teams to address the challenge of mental health for Lambeth residents within the age range of 0-25. Teams will encouraged to be creative and to draw on a wide variety of techniques, technologies and interdisciplinary knowledge, learning and working with those with lived experience of these issues, in order to create innovative responses.
Why participate in the King's Circle U. Challenge?
- Attend a digital bootcamp to gain entrepreneurial skills
- Develop solutions which could make a real difference to people’s lives
- Be in with a chance of having your ideas considered for implementation by SLaM and the London Borough of Lambeth
- Earn a certificate of participation and experience that will enhance your CV
- Network with peers from across King’s and Circle U
- Be in with a chance of receiving expert mentoring and attending the final in Belgrade!
What support is available?
- Support to find and form a team, check out this resource to get started!
- A three-week digital and interactive bootcamp where you can pick from entrepreneurial skills sessions, sessions with SLaM and the London Borough of Lambeth, ideation and idea feedback sessions and pitch-coaching.
- Those teams who are successful at the pitching stage will have access to an amazing array of expert mentorship.
Who is eligible to apply?
- To apply for the King’s Circle U. Challenge, you just need to be registered as a student (of any level) at King’s College London or one of our Circle U. partner universities on the day you apply.
- Form a team or apply as an individual; if you apply as an individual, we will match you up with other individuals with complementary skills and experience. During the matchmaking phase, additional members may be added to your team.
- Before entering the bootcamp phase, teams should include two or more people and be interdisciplinary (contain a diverse range of skills and knowledge).
- Team members can be from the same or different Circle U. partner universities.
- Any student or student team can apply to any of the Challenges (not just the Challenge(s) their university is organising!)
Applications are open from 1st September and will close on 15th October.
To explore all 6 challenges, visit the Circle U. website.
Got a question? Email Kristen Comer, our Entrepreneurial Skills Officer.