Maternal Journal - explore creative and interdisciplinary practices that support perinatal mental health and wellbeing
6 June 2018, 18:00 to 20:00 Please note: this event has passed
Fetal Medicine Research Institute, London
This event is free but booking is essential.
Join a panel of midwives, researchers, writers, artists, and mothers for their presentation about Maternal Journal, an example of a collaborative project that explores the tradition of women’s diary and journal keeping as an expressive, creative, and therapeutic practice to enhance mental health & wellbeing.
A Q&A will follow the presentations. Speakers include:
- Debra Bick, Professor of Evidence Based Midwifery at the Department of Women’s Health KCL
- Laura Godfrey-Isaacs, artist & midwife
- Cartoon Kate, artist, activist, author & mother
- Professor Rebecca Fortnum, senior tutor at The Royal College of Art, artist & writer
- Sharon Boothroyd, artist
- Participants from the Maternal Journal project
Further information about Maternal Journal
(image: Hannah Lamdin, mono-print on top of original photo by Lara Downie)
Search for another event