Alongside the NILS study, IPMDS NM-PD-SG and EUROPAR are also running projects addressing various topics:
- Pain in Parkinson's disease
- Early morning off period in Parkinson's disease
- Dopamine agonist tolerability audit & ICDs
- EuroInf: a comparative survey of subcutaneous apomorphine and intrajejunal levodopa infusion
- Imaging correlations of non-motor features in Parkinson's disease
- Restless legs syndrome in Parkinson's disease
- Non motor effects of DBS (Deep brain stimulation) in Parkinson's disease
- Non motor symptom staging
- Cardiac MIBG scans in Movement Disorders
- Double vision in Parkinson's disease
Find out more
Ongoing Projects of the NM-PD-SG are
- The EuroInf study: Multicentre, European study comparing key motor, non-motor and quality of life effects of advanced conventional therapies apomorphine infusion, intrajejunal levodopa infusion and subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation in PD.
- The DAICE-ET study: Multicentre European study of real life comparison of immediate release, long-acting and transdermal dopamine agonists and tolerability in elderly patients with a focus on impulse control disorders.
- EURO-DAWS study: Multi-centre European prospective survey of range, nature and frequency of dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome in Parkinson’s disease
- The definition, characterization and frequency of non-motor sub-types of PD and possible biomarkers exploration.
- The development, and clinical validation of the MDS PD non-motor symptoms scale.
Find out about recent highlights of excellence in clinical care (national audit) and therapy led research of the Centre of Excellence in Parkinson's and movements Disorders group.
Ray Chaudhuri presentation on how to do non motor assessment in clinics: