Work with King's Health Economics
King's Health Economics (KHE) is a research-focused unit. We have particular expertise in the following clinical areas:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Child and adolescent mental health
- Chronic fatigue
- Depression and anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Forensic mental health
- Health anxiety
- Learning disabilities
- Neurological disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Palliative care
- Parkinson's disease
- Personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Public health
- Self-harm and suicide
- Substance misuse
Request for economic input into proposals
In order to manage an increasing level of requests for economic input into proposals and to ensure all proposals are given appropriate and adequate consideration, Principal Investigators are required to submit an application for consideration by KHE. Principal Investigators should be aware of the following prior to submitting an application:
1. All applications for KHE input into proposals will be considered at proposal meetings which are usually held on the first Monday of the month.
2019 proposal meeting dates
- 4 February 2019
- 4 March 2019
- 1 April 2019
- 13 May 2019
- 3 June 2019
Requests for economic input should be submitted a minimum of two months prior to the submission deadline. However, applications can be supported more effectively if PIs involve KHE at the outline/expression of interest stage. Consideration may be given to requests submitted a minimum of one month prior to the submission deadline, but this will be decided on a case by case basis and will be dependent on the strength of the grant application and the interest of current staff.
3. The cost of KHE input varies, depending on a number of factors, including the study design, sample size, methods to be applied and seniority of the staff involved. See our guideline cost list which includes our minimum requirements for directly allocated and directly incurred staff inputs, plus a list of commonly required non-staff costs.
The King’s Research Grants Pre-award team requires a minimum of five working days to produce initial proposal costings. Subsequent changes to costings will take additional time.
4. All applications which KHE agrees to support, should include a KHE academic staff member as a co-applicant as a minimum, unless advised otherwise by KHE staff.
5. KHE cannot guarantee they will have the capacity to support all requests. Proposals are generally selected on the basis of the strength of the proposed study, the adequacy of funding available and the interest of current staff in the proposed disease area/study design.
To find out more, or to submit a completed form, please email our Business Coordinator, Vanessa Frederick, or phone her on 020 7848 0198.