Current research projects
All staff are involved in research as it is intrinsic to the running of the Unit. Below we have listed all the research projects we are currently running.
- 1. BRC BioResource for mental and neurological health: a national project to build up a central library of information or 'biobank' of biological samples in order to better understand different psychiatric and neurological illnesses as well as to help researchers to develop new and better treatments more quickly.
- A study investigating attention and concentration issues in chronic fatigue syndrome
- A study investigating the role of the immune system in the development of persistent fatigue
- A study investigating the cortisol levels in bipolar, atypical and non-atypical depression and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- A study of factors influencing nervous system activity in chronic fatigue syndrome