2014 winners of the IoP Awards for Young Women in Science
Posted on 18/08/2014
The winners of Institute of Psychiatry’s (IoP) Awards for Young Women in Science attended the IoP this summer to gain valuable work experience.
The eight students, all from local schools in South East London, were given the opportunity to meet with academics, explore what their jobs involve, evaluate previous research, work on simulated research data, and even present research to an academic audience.
Left to right: Sarah Adeyemi, Lucy-Sarah Baah-Danso, Linda Adeniran-Strazel, Osasumwen Okuonghae, Georgina Gonzalez.
The winners were:
CEMPH Award for Young Women in Science (facilitated by Dr Margaret Heslin)
- Sarah Adeyemi, Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary School
- Linda Adeniran-Strazel, Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary School
- Lucy-Sarah Baah-Danso, Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary School
SGDP Award for Young Scientists (facilitated by Dr Freya Rumball and Punit Shah)
- Melissa Figueira, Sacred Heart Catholic School
- Molly Buttigieg’s, Haberdasher’s Aske’s Hatcham College
WMH Award for Young Women in Health and Psychology (facilitated by Emma Molyneaux)
- Georgina Gonzalez, Dunraven School
- Osasumwen Okuonghae, St Francis Xavier Sixth Form College
The winners received certificates of achievement and vouchers to help with their studies, as well as on-going mentoring for the next 12 months.
More about the Awards, here and for any further information, please contact Margaret.email@example.com