Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
In conformity with Public Health England guidance, we regret that due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are not able to accept any applications or host any incoming placement students until further notice.
Student placements are suitable for undergraduates studying for a first degree at a UK institution, wanting to spend a formal placement under supervision in one of our academic departments.
Eligibility & further details
- Applicants must be registered as an undergraduate student at a UK university
- The placement must form a recognised accredited part of the applicant's degree: typically this is undertaken as a 'work placement'
- An agreement will need to be drawn up between the home institution and the IoPPN; the applicant's home institution will need to draft this agreement
- The maximum duration of a student placement is 12 months (for Tier 4 Visa students, the placement must not be more than 50 per cent of the total length of the applicant's course)
- Successful applicants may receive a stipend during their placement (details will be confirmed in the offer letter)
How to apply
Before submitting an application, applicants must first find a supervisor. Applicants are encouraged to browse staff profiles for their chosen academic department and contact a suitable academic member of staff. Once they have obtained a confirmed supervisor, applicants should complete Part 1 of the student placement application form and email it to their supervisor. They will then be issued with an offer letter confirming your placement arrangements.
To avoid delays in the start of a placement, applicants are asked to submit their application form at least three months before the placement start date.
Download enrolment form >