Visiting research students
Visiting research student placements are suitable for postgraduate research students registered at a recognised higher education institution (HEI) or overseas institution, coming to undertake supervised research at King's.
Eligibility & further details
- Fees are payable as follows:
- No fee for visits of up to three months
- £500 for visits of between three and six months
- £2,000 for visits of between six and nine months
- £4,500 for visits of between nine and 12 months
- Applicants will need to provide documented approval from their home institution
- A successful applicant's length of stay should be agreed at the outset, up to a maximum of 12 months
- Successful applicants must meet the academic criteria to study at the IoPPN, and have sufficient English language skills to participate fully during the proposed visit
- Applicants from outside the UK should refer to King's College London's immigration and visa advice for information. Any questions about immigration should be directed to the International Student Support Team on +44 (0) 20 7848 7070 or email@example.com
- Visiting research students from outside the UK but within the EU may wish to consider our Erasmus+ traineeships scheme as an alternative, as no fees are payable for that scheme.
How to apply
Before submitting an application, applicants must first find a suitable academic supervisor. Applicants are encouraged to browse staff profiles for their chosen academic department and contact a suitable academic member of staff. Once they have obtained a confirmed supervisor, applicants should register for a King's admissions portal
account. Once logged in to the portal, applicants should select the programme 'Research, Psychiatry Non-award' and complete the application form.