Job id: 066526. Salary: £41,386 - £45,931 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 27 April 2023. Closing date: 04 June 2023.
Business unit: IT. Department: Architecture.
Contact details: Dr. Omar Radwan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Guy's Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
King’s College London is one of the world's top universities, with a vision to make the world a better place. The university is leading an ambitious programme of digital transformation, investing significantly in the digital environment to support world-leading education, research and service.
The post holder will act as an agent for innovation and change, to help King’s exploit digital technology to secure an advantage as part of King’s Vision 2029. You will be part of the Information Architecture team, reporting to the Head of Information Architecture.
The scope of the Data Architecture Analyst role involves all aspects of the development of information and data architecture lifecycle from inception to implementation and support. The successful candidate will support the team in developing a holistic view of data assets by creating and maintaining blueprints that illustrate how information is stored, processed, integrated, protected, and accessed. You will work closely with Architecture, Business Assurance, Data Stewards and Custodians, Data Analytics, Data Solution, and IT Services.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- The Data Architecture Analyst will require a broad range of technical and practical skills, as well as a well-developed working knowledge of technical or scientific practices and procedures acquired through on-the-job experience and/or vocational training. The Data Architecture Analyst will be responsible for:
- A full range of solutions and activities in relation to architecture that help ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the university.
- Identifying key areas of enhancement and improvement in information and data architecture designs and evaluating the performance of data management through analysis and research.
- Developing and maintaining data artefacts (such as data and integration models, metadata, reference data, flows, procedures, standards, templates) that enable data management and governance across the university.
- Using tools and techniques to visualise data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams, dashboards and data catalogues, for a holistic view of the data landscape and relationships.
- Supporting the implementation of significant change by designing, documenting, and making recommendations that positively impact operational effectiveness and the design and implementation of IT systems.
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders, partners, and external vendors to understand the implications of respective architectures and maximise the value of information across the university.
- Understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components, and collaboratively developing prototypes and proof of concepts.
*The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. *
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field is required.
2. Demonstrable knowledge of industry-standard Data Management frameworks, such as DAMA-DMBOK and DCAM.
3. Skills in data modelling, classifications, hierarchies, dependencies, relationships, flows, lineages, and integration are essential.
4. Demonstrable understanding and experience in developing information and data architecture artifacts, as well as solution architecture.
5. Demonstrable experience in data visualisation and skills in developing dashboards using BI tools such as PowerBI, as well as automation tools such as Power Automate.
6. Knowledge of developing websites, graphic representation, infographics, chart animation, and interactive charts.
7. Demonstrated success in working with cross-functional, cross-departmental teams to achieve objectives is essential.
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required, as well as the ability to deliver training and workshops on data management and best practices.
9. Strong communication, interpersonal, independent work, self-motivation, influencing, and innovation skills are necessary.
10. Willingness to update professional knowledge and keep informed about emerging technologies is expected.
1. Demonstrable understanding and experience in Content Management Systems, as well as skills in creating UX models and user task flows.
2. Demonstrable understanding and experience in architecting Master Data Management, Reference Data, and Data Integration, as well as cloud data solutions such as Azure.
3. Experience in developing Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning models.
This role will be hybrid working with office and remote working, in line with King’s hybrid working policy for professional services.