Job id: 066987. Salary: £49,737- £53,841 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 09 May 2023. Closing date: 05 June 2023.
Business unit: King's Business School. Department: Prof Servs - King's Business School.
Contact details: Tim Sellick. Timothy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
King’s Business School (KBS) connects people with possibilities. A young, energetic business school with an ambitious strategy, we are rapidly expanding our executive education to engage with the business community and share our leading, evidence-based business and management expertise with a professional audience. Based within a diverse and historic university, we are in a unique position to draw on the vast breadth of expertise across King’s College London to provide interdisciplinary and innovative education and insights to executives and leaders across a wide range of organisations and sectors.
KBS is now seeking to appoint a Client Relationship Manager to join the growing Executive Education team. These new roles will report to the Director of Custom Programmes and will work closely with colleagues across open programmes, business development and programme teams to manage and develop client accounts across KBS Executive Education.
The post holders will have specific responsibility for the commercial success of custom/bespoke programmes, ensuring the programmes are developed, managed, and delivered to quality metrics and financial KPIs. The Client Relationship Manager will lead on initiating and maintaining productive relationships with organisations to promote the work of custom executive education and, where relevant, create linkages across the executive education portfolio.
The post holders will also play an important role in connecting KBS to the business community and will work closely with colleagues across executive degree programmes, open enrolment, external engagement, marketing and other departments to shape KBS’ narrative and positively represent us in an external setting.
This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing team and to have a tangible and measurable impact on professional education at King’s College London. The Client Relationship Manager will contribute to the developing roster of clients of the Executive Education Team, the Business School and the College by providing their specialist and expert advice, insights and client management skills to shape future growth and reputation.
This post will be offered on a permanent basis
This is a full-time post
- Develop and execute sales activities that build on strategic plans to maximise commercial success for the executive education portfolio against agreed client activity, revenue and quality targets
- Proactively forge relationships with individuals and organisations to deliver success, including interaction with clients throughout the sales pipeline and before, during, and post programme delivery.
- Monitor and act on incoming enquiries, providing expert advice and information to enquirers to positively engage them with KBS executive education
- Oversee and track revenue within their client base
- Apply discretion and good commercial judgement to incentivise sales and support long-term relationships
- Work with the Director of Custom Programmes to maintain and report accurate planned, current and historic data of contacts, relationships, enrolment numbers and revenue
- Work collaboratively with other business development units/roles across KCL to support professional education growth across the College
- Contribute knowledge and ideas to identify obstacles and improve systems, processes and customer experience to create a seamless customer experience
- Attend programmes, taster sessions and other events as necessary in order to become expert in the portfolio and to fulfil business development duties
- Host and organise events and activities as needed as part of a sales strategy
- Work with KBS Portfolio Marketing Manager, Head of Executive Programme Development and other relevant teams to ensure collateral and information is relevant and effective to promote KBS and executive education
- Be a proactive member of the growing executive education team and an expert in own area
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Relevant experience in Executive Education, Client and Business development or a sales role
2. Experience working in a business school, or in another comparable education environment that provides learning to experienced professionals
3. Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills, confident interacting with executives and colleagues at all levels including C-suite leaders
4. An adept relationship-builder - able to listen, consult and respond with appropriate solutions and build meaningful long-term rapport
5. A sound understanding of business and a demonstrable interest in how organisations support learning and development
6. Action-orientated and proactive in developing new activities and implementing plans at speed
7. Ability to apply and adapt policies and tactics with discretion and good judgement in order to achieve strategic objectives
8. Collaborative – able and willing to share information and resources with colleagues to further collective agendas and build for the future
9. Analytical and organised – able to work with budgets and translate these into actionable insight
10. Results driven – excited and motivated by tangible progress and customer satisfaction
1. A degree or qualification in business or a related discipline, or MBA
2. Experience using CRM software (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
3. Experience working in a customized Executive Education environment
The postholders will be required to work evenings, weekends and to travel (UK initially, potentially internationally in future) as required in order to fulfil the duties of the role. Flexible working/time off in lieu will be given to facilitate this.
Interviews will take place week of 19th June 2023