Job id: 067270. Salary: Grade 4, £31,396 to £34,619 including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 15 May 2023. Closing date: 02 June 2023.
Business unit: Research Management & Innovation. Department: KHP Clinical Trials Office.
Contact details: Merve Demirol. Merve.firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Guy’s, St Thomas’ & Denmark Hill. Category: Professional & Support Services.
In conjunction with other members of the CTO Finance team, conduct aspects of CTO clinical trial finance activity to ensure that all trial income is invoiced, received and appropriately distributed.
To work closely with the Clinical Trial Facilitators to enable tracking of milestones and coordinate the triggering of invoicing to sponsors.
To support the Clinical Trial Facilitators with inbox management, amendments and archiving of open studies.
Work with the Finance Facilitator to ensure that unpaid debts within the assigned areas are pursued within College policy and procedures and ensure that disputed charges are promptly referred to the appropriate department for resolution.
Liaising with the wider KHP CTO team, internal and external stakeholders – including actively and quickly dealing with queries.
To undertake such other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by the Commercial Trials Manager or Director of the KHP-CTO.
To ensure the timely creation of new study Activity codes within the KCL finance system.
To support the Finance and Facilitator team to meet business needs.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time
Communication & Networking
To act as an ambassador for the KHP-CTO.
Develop sound relationships with finance personnel in Partner Organisations.
Develop sound relationships with finance personnel in commercial sponsors and contract research organisations to enable exchange of information to ensure timely raising and payment of invoices.
Decision Making, Planning & Problem Solving
Identification and resolution of problems: logistical, methodological, human and technical.
The role holder is responsible for managing his/her own workload.
To identify issues with invoice payments and make recommendations to the Clinical Trial Finance Associates for specific projects to improve invoicing and payments as applicable.
Assist the Finance Associates ensure that the KHP-CTO invoicing targets are met.
Raise commercial and non-commercial research invoices and credit notes.
Using a problem-solving approach whenever possible.
To adapt swiftly to changes in the KHP CTO.
Analysis & Research
The role holder is expected to exercise a significant degree of attention to detail and to undertake analysis and research.
The role holder is expected to assist senior CTO staff to identify and anticipate issues before they become significant and implement solutions once identified.
Teamwork, teaching & learning support
To actively contribute to the CTO Finance Team, Commercial Team and the wider KHP-CTO, working flexibly as a member of all teams with the CTO and RMID.
Sensory/physical demands & work environment
• Desk based
• May be required to travel across London to the various sites from time to time.
• Required to use a p.c. extensively
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Strong planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent interpersonal skills – tactful and able to deal with a wide range of people in an enthusiastic and helpful manner whilst being capable of firmly maintaining policies and regulations
• Problem solving skills – pragmatic and flexible approach whilst maintaining policies and regulations.
• Strong computer skills (proficient with Microsoft Excel and web-based applications)
• Commitment to a quality culture
• A professional demeanour and high ethical standards
• Proactive approach
• Ability to understand and function in the different cultural environments of academics and clinical academia
• Understanding of financial terminology
• Understanding of Research Governance Framework, Ethics committee and Competent Authority approval processes
• Experience acquired in administration role(s), preferably in either a pharmaceutical industry, finance, clinical research setting, including specific experience of clinical trial administration