Job id: 067545. Salary: £31,396 – £34,619 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 18 May 2023. Closing date: 15 June 2023.
Business unit: King's Business School. Department: Prof Servs - King's Business School.
Contact details: Kelly Dippenaar. email@example.com
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
King’s College London is seeking candidates at all levels of experience with the drive and passion to deliver high quality customer service to support our strategic aims. This is an ideal opportunity to commence or further your career in Higher Education administration.
The Programme Officer supports students and academic staff as the first point of contact for queries, whether face-to-face, via phone or electronic media. The role is responsible for essential work to support the delivery of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and for ensuring that student lifecycle activities run smoothly and our students and staff experience our services in a seamless and effective manner. With support to develop a working knowledge of regulations and processes, the Programme Officer is a valued and trusted member of the team with a keen eye for accuracy and detail.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Support student lifecycle processes from pre-enrolment activities, through induction and registration to graduation and beyond, utilizing systems and databases – e.g. student records systems and virtual learning environments – accordingly, and in accordance with best practice, ensuring consistency of data and identifying and resolving issues
- Support all student assessment processes in line with university deadlines and regulations and faculty and external requirements
- Take responsibility for resolving students’ and academics’ enquiries, including face-to-face and via email, responding within agreed timeframes and escalating complex enquiries as appropriate
- Assist in ensuring that quality assurance requirements and, and where required, accreditation requirements are met for relevant programmes. Support student, module and programme evaluation processes in line with current university best practice
- Servicing committees as directed by your line manager
- Actively participate in the development and improvement of programmes and processes to support students and academic staff through identifying and suggesting improvements based on user feedback
- Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high-volume activity, providing cover and supporting the training and development of new staff members
- Take responsibility for own performance and development, through agreeing clear performance objectives, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and reflecting on own performance
- Take personal accountability for the data quality of student records, ensuring appropriate confidentiality and sensitivity. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the data protection requirements and to support Freedom of Information and subject access requests
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft documents and correspondence
2. Excellent organisation and time management skills
3. Strong numeracy skills and ability to analyse complex numerical data
4. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the ability to work on new systems
5. Methodical, detail oriented and flexible in approach to work, maintaining a high level of accuracy
6. Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
7. Proactive with the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team
8. Curious, customer service oriented, with a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement
9. Comfortable with adapting to change, driving own professional development
10. Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
1. Degree level or equivalent qualification or experience
2. Experience in the use of databases, student records systems (such as SITS) and website content management systems
3. Prior experience of working in a customer facing environment
4. Experience of using virtual learning environments
To apply, please provide a detailed statement highlighting how your experiences meet the essential criteria listed. A brief cover letter will not be considered for shortlisting.
The interview process will consist of assessment tasks and a panel interview. More information will be provided upon shortlisting.
We will aim to hold interviews within 2-3 weeks following the application closing date.