Job id: 067625. Salary: £41,386 - £48,414 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 24 May 2023. Closing date: 25 June 2023.
Business unit: IT. Department: Digital Education/CTEL.
Contact details: Philip Blake. Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Guy's Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
The Education Solutions team at King’s College London is seeking to appoint a full-time permanent E-Learning Content Developer.
As an expert working with educational and industry software, designing and developing e-learning solutions and high quality teaching and learning resources, you will provide technical, UX and pedagogical expertise in relation to content design and development and contribute to the development of strategy and policy in relation to technology-enhanced learning. You will contribute to the development of the King’s College London VLE theme. It is paramount that you are knowledgeable on usability and accessibility and their application on different media.
It is essential that you have a degree in a related subject (technology, media or education) and ideally have a recognised computer science/education/educational technology qualification. You will be expected to maintain your level of expertise by actively keeping abreast of developments in learning technologies and emerging trends in education.
As the Education Solutions is a central focus for digital education across the College you will be required to interact with people who are strategically important to the department. It is therefore essential you are able to portray a favourable and highly professional impression to both internal and external contacts.
The job will be located within the Guy’s Campus.
This job will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- To implement good practice in the areas of UX, usability and accessibility.
- To bring to bear technical expertise in relation to content design and development.
- To develop and implement high quality styling for the King’s College London VLE.
- To design and develop high quality e-learning materials independently and/or as part of a team (depending on needs and projects).
- To support the implementation of King’s Vision 2029, contributing to the development of technology-enhanced learning as a College-wide endeavour.
- To undertake media work (filming/editing) to a good standard.
- To work closely with academic and professional services colleagues across the College to help embed learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment activities in Faculties and Departments.
- To support the activity areas of Education Solutions.
- To investigate the issues and complexities of technology-enhanced learning practice and technology and provide appropriate educational and technical guidance and advice to colleagues across the College.
- To contribute to the development of strategy and policy, for example providing expert advice, by writing or commenting upon draft documentation, through the identification of needs and opportunities for the development/deployment of education-led learning technologies.
- To draw upon and contribute to the development of understanding and practice in the field of learning technology through engagement with discussions (formal and informal), conferences, workshops, research and other events at a national or international level.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Degree, or equivalent experience, in a related subject, e.g. technology, media, education
2. Advanced knowledge and skills of learning technologies (including a demonstrable ability to keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies)
3. Sound knowledge of design, including UX, usability and accessibility.
5. Well-developed skills in verbal and written communication
6. Creative, dynamic and innovative approach to problem-solving and the presentation of ideas
7. Experience of producing high quality e-learning materials to support teaching, learning and assessment
8. Experience of working with educational software and developing e-learning solutions and high quality teaching and learning resources
9. Ability to work independently and with others as part of the team
10. Thrives in a busy environment with diverse priorities
1. Understanding of Moodle themes and administration
2. Understanding of Agile methodology and best practices
3. CMALT or Associate Fellow/Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
4. ITIL accreditation
Your application should clearly set out how you meet each essential criteria, as this will be used to shortlist candidates. A CV without a supporting statement will not be considered.
Learn more about how we recruit, including tips on writing your application and supporting statement on our website: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/applying