Job id: 067825. Salary: £35,502 - £40,333 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 24 May 2023. Closing date: 04 June 2023.
Business unit: Estates & Facilities. Department: Engineering - Strand.
Contact details: Jeffery Jackson. Jeffery.email@example.com
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
Responsible for undertaking planned preventative and reactive maintenance throughout designated College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and College compliance requirements. To provide technical and managerial support to Technicians and Assistants within the team.
The Maintenance team (of which the Senior Maintenance Technician is part) will have responsibility for the operational performance and safety of their buildings at all times, and will have responsibility for liaising with specialist sub-contractors and other building dedicated engineers to maintain high quality service delivery and maximum system uptime.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
• Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business critical systems within the buildings
• Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly
• Support the team with the allocation of reactive maintenance ensuring SLAs are met
• Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and manage permits
• Liaise with, monitor and control the activities of all outside contractors working on site
• Manage and conduct fault finding across all buildings
• Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns
• Occasional working at height, working in confined spaces, carrying tools and the role varies from being office based to working in numerous buildings
• Attendance may be required occasionally outside normal hours to deal with certain maintenance procedures and specialist critical system contractors
• Deliver and comply with all Statutory, Company and Client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment
• You will be expected to deliver a high level of customer focused service and participate in additional training when required (Fit fir King’s, etc).
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. City & Guilds or time serviced apprenticeship in either M&E
2. OR an NVQ level 3 in either M&E
3. Grades A-C in English and Maths
4. Intermediate (or above) MS Office skills
5. IOSH Working Safely
6. Awareness of Health Safety regulations and guidance
7. Managerial experience
8. Significant experience maintaining and operating building services in a complex building
9. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, and ability to prioritise workloads
10. Self-motivated, with the ability to work without supervision
1. First Aid
2. Legionella awareness