Job id: 067846. Salary: £24,863 - £27,149 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 24 May 2023. Closing date: 07 June 2023.
Business unit: Estates & Facilities. Department: Operations - Strand.
Contact details: Scott Maskell. Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
“The face of King’s” is the focus for this role and involves being available to help and support students, staff and visitors when they are on site. This role will be on ‘the shop floor’, supporting our King’s community delivering a high standard of service provision. The successful candidate will be required to work a 4 On/4 Off 12hr shift pattern, in accordance with the needs of the business. They will need to develop and maintain good communication and relationships with all stakeholders. Take ownership of the reception spaces they are operating in and to act as a key point of contact, offering a world class operational service for a world class University.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a a full time post
• Acting as the point of contact within our public spaces. Aiding all students, staff, and guests, by delivering a visible and agile “Ask Me” function with an approach
• Become the familiar face for all building users to assist with the delivery of a world class campus experience
• To role model the highest levels of customer care though the Fit for King’s programme and monitor, where required, the quality of all services provided
• Act as the custodians of our reception spaces, being proud to deliver our environment to our community
• Helping all users with wayfinding, knowledge of campus activity and general queries. Whilst highlighting health and safety aspects and promoting positive behaviour
• Establish cross campus communication and coordination, supporting the delivery of all campus activity
• Develop and maintain good communication and relationships with stakeholders across the campus
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all members of the Campus Operations team
• To communicate regularly with their manager with any new or important issues as they may arise
• To take pride in their appearance, ensuring immaculate presentation in line with campus activity
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. High level of literacy and numeracy, including Computer literacy
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Experience of communicating with staff at all levels
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Self-motivated and good organiser
6. Flexible approach and good team member
7. Able to use initiative
8. Prepared to work anywhere within the KCL estate
9. Naturally friendly
1. Previous reception experience
2. Familiarity with working in higher education sector