Job id: 067907. Salary: £35,502 - £40,333 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 25 May 2023. Closing date: 11 June 2023.
Business unit: Finance & Procurement. Department: Management Accounts:Capital,Estates & IT.
Contact details: Daniel Etherington. Daniel.email@example.com
Location: Guy's Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Assistant management account. This role will contribute to the full range of management accounting work within the university. Working closely with the wider team of the management accounting community, the role provides useful information to directorate managers to improve their decision-making, planning and control.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible
- Supporting budget holders to understand the management accounts for Estates Trading
- In year forecasting of income and expenditure;
- Maintenance of staffing establishment records and reconciling staffing records between the university’s information systems;
- Provision of ad-hoc project and analysis work in support of the relevant directorates connected to the role;
- Being the first point of contact for all finance matters, dealing with a range of queries from budget holders in Estates Trading;
- Supporting the production of future year budgets for Estates Trading;
- Providing cover for other roles within the management accounting community;
- Supporting the development of processes and tools for use within the management accounting community.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Part-qualified with a professional accountancy body
- Confident working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel) and the ability to work on new systems
- Experience of working effectively in collaboration with staff from different teams
- Experience of working with an accounting package, for financial processing and/or reporting
- Methodical and detail-oriented, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
- Proactive with the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team
- Curious, customer service oriented, with a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement
- Adaptable and flexible to organisational change, driving own professional development
- Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace
- Degree at undergraduate (BA, BSc) level or equivalent
- Knowledge of HEI funding environment