Job id: 074765. Salary: £36,532 - £41,299 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 14 September 2023. Closing date: 01 October 2023.
Business unit: Human Resources. Department: People Services.
Contact details: Jack Richards - Head of Recruitment. email@example.com
Location: Guy's Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the HR recruitment team at King’s College London. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated Recruitment Advisor in a newly created role, where we are aspiring to move the recruitment team into a more proactive and advisory space, where we work with our managers to design and advertise attractive recruitment campaigns, provide them advice and guidance whilst ensuring compliance at all times.
People Services provide professional support and advice to more than 9,000 colleagues across the university on the full lifecycle of employment – from recruitment and retention to reward, recognition, and career development. We are proud to work with the university community to provide academic and professional excellence and an outstanding educational experience for our students. We are a people-focused team, and we seek to treat colleagues fairly to bring out and reward their best.
About the Role
You will have the opportunity to utilise your stakeholder management skills and spend time building relationships and working with hiring managers to help them with their individual recruitment campaigns and design the best route to market to ensure we appoint top quality talent.
The successful applicant will use their recruitment knowledge to advice managers the best places to advertise, the ideal assessment techniques and work with managers to ensure the process is completed in an open and transparent manner.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for candidates to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working within an internal recruitment Team which has high volumes of recruitment.
- Working knowledge on the full end to end recruitment lifecycle – demonstrating confidence in planning, advertising, screening, selecting, and securing candidates.
- Experience of holding recruitment briefings and designing the best strategy to recruit to our roles, some of which can be hard to fill and will need a tailored approach.
- Ability to produce the required offer paperwork and ensure candidates are compliant prior to starting their new roles.
- Experience of collating recruitment metrics and the ability to analyse data and recommend improvements.
- An understanding of the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and a firm commitment to working in an inclusive manner.
The ideal candidate will also be highly organised and meticulous supporting recruitment across numerous directorates or faculties across the university, whilst handling any general day to day enquires. Communication and forging relationships are key in excelling in this role.
Please provide your supporting statement which provides your experience with relevant examples on how you meet the criteria detailed above.
To support our efforts to recruit and retain skilled and engaged colleagues to deliver our teaching, research and professional services we offer a pay and benefits package that attracts talented people from around the world.
Please follow the link below for ways you can benefit from being a part of King's team.
This post will be offered as a permanent position. You will be required to attend the office a minimum of two days a week, or additional days as per the requirements of the role.
This is a full-time (35 hours per week) post.
Interviews are due to be held on Thursday 12 October 2023.
- Provide an in-house specialist talent acquisition service; partner with the Hiring Managers (HM) to shape the hiring strategy, establish clear timelines and methods of delivery; undertake market mapping for HMs, utilising key data and market trends to ensure a targeted recruitment campaign.
- Support HMs in drafting job descriptions (JDs) and adverts providing guidance on using compelling text to maximise the pool of qualified applications.
- Provide guidance on where/how to place recruitment adverts, ensuring value for money and advising on recruitment best practice including diversity and inclusion.
- Support managers to identify, tender and engage agencies and executive search firms,
- When required provide an initial sift of applications to the HM, provide timely and complete short lists to HMs and panels. Update/maintain shortlisting records electronically and in line with data protection/employment legislation.
- Advise HMs on suitable interview questions, being mindful of best practice & employment law.
- Facilitate the interview/assessment process – e.g. invite candidates to interview, confirm interview panel and candidate attendees; screen candidates.
- Support the HM in the negotiation process - i.e. provide salary data and analysis to the HM, being mindful of diversity, confidentiality and GDPR; negotiate offers on behalf of the HM, when appropriate.
- Help coach and supervise Recruitment Coordinators within the team.
- Communicate with unsuccessful candidates and provide feedback where appropriate.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.