Job id: 074867. Salary: £36,532 - £41,299 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 15 September 2023. Closing date: 08 October 2023.
Business unit: Students & Education. Department: Employer Engagement.
Contact details: Gya Niyazi (Associate Director, Student Careers Engagement & Enhancement). Gya.email@example.com
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
The King’s community is dedicated to the service of society. King’s Strategic Vision 2029 sets out our vision for the future, shaped around five priority areas: educate to inspire and improve; research to inform and innovate; serve to shape and transform; a civic university at the heart of London; and an international community that services the world. Our ambitious Education Strategy sets out the actions that we must take to transform how we teach, how and where our students learn and how we support them during their time with us.
King's Careers & Employability facilitates excellent career management and employability services supporting our students and alumni, enabling them to develop effective career skills and build a platform for future success.
We are part of the Students & Education Directorate, a collection of wide-ranging professional services in place to support King’s students and their education. As a directorate we manage the student lifecycle from application to graduation and beyond, to ensure a coherent and seamless student experience and effective administrative processes, working closely with King’s faculties to do so.
About the Role
This role uniquely sits across our Employer Engagement function (0.6 FTE) and our Student Engagement function (0.4 FTE).
They will support critical operational processes including vacancy approvals, administration and streamlining of our employer customer relationship management (CRM) system, query management and elevating our labour market intelligence to serve a range of different stakeholder audiences.
Alongside this, the role holder will job share with the current Learning Technologist using digital technologies to expand, structure and streamline our wider careers digital education objectives. They will support colleagues across the department in building confidence in building digital content, including podcasts, video editing, blog writing, content curation, reporting and evaluation of various different digital supplier tools.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to diversify their workload and learn about different areas simultaneously, as the nature of the hybrid role will mean working in two very different areas within the same department.
We encourage applications from candidates who have experience from both within and outside of the Higher Education sector where they can demonstrate the skills needed to succeed in this role.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract for 12 months.
This is a full-time post, but we welcome applications from candidates seeking a flexible work pattern within our necessary service operating hours (10am-4pm).
- Supervise outputs of the Digital Learning Officer (supported by the Careers Education Learning Technologist), with responsibility for ensuring key goals and outcomes related to Digital Careers Engagement are met.
- Oversee the department’s presence on our virtual learning environment (VLE) including access and permissions to systems, whilst ensuring e-learning platforms maintain a user-friendly interface, structure and are updated in a timely manner.
- Lead on a variety of digital projects which support our strategy of using technology enhanced learning to drive improvements in careers education and the student experience.
- Diagnose software failures and recommend solutions (in liaison with King’s IT Services and/or third-party providers); and develop, test and maintain departmental technological systems.
Data Analysis & Evaluation
- Report and analyse data on overall digital education engagement from a variety of different sources; actively monitoring trends, best practice and developments in careers digital technologies and related fields.
- Oversee reporting and analysis on employer interactions through our Employer Data Bank, converting intelligence into innovative digital content, resources and podcasts for our students, researchers, alumni and academic audiences.
Training & Support
- Develop training materials for departmental colleagues and students using e-learning tools, facilitating workshops and delivering drop-in sessions for both staff and students to enhance knowledge and usage our digital careers content and resources.
- Administer our vacancy board and employer CRM to clean, maintain and approve incoming vacancy and organisational requests against our terms and conditions.
- Process targeted employer communications and provide reporting, analysis, and data-driven recommendations to colleagues, supporting business development and target employers across King’s Careers & Employability.
- Support employer enquiry management, signposting and directing to relevant content or Adviser support alongside facilitating and overseeing some event output, including panels and masterclasses.
- Liaise with employers and Alumni Relations to enhance and embed guest speakers and King’s alumni into our diverse portfolio of events and activities.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
Please clearly address how you meet the essential criteria in your application, and where possible how you meet the desirable criteria as well.
- Relevant work experience and/or education: We think a wide range of different work and educational experiences could support you to be successful in this role. Relevant work experience might include work in a multi-faceted environment with a range of stakeholders at various levels of seniority and/or work within a digital/analytical environment.
- Relevant educational experiences might include professional qualifications, higher education in a related discipline, or other training.
- Strong digital capabilities, including use of business communication platforms, customer relationship management systems (CRM) and virtual learning environment (VLE) tools, with ability to learn new systems quickly and competently.
- Strong data and analytical skills with experience in data evaluation and the ability to gather and manipulate data for interpretation by colleagues.
- Excellent task management skills and proven ability to use initiative, prioritise workloads and respond positively to situations arising at short notice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate complex information clearly in a multi-faceted environment with a range of stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Customer-service orientated with proactive experience in building connections, collaborating and engaging effectively working with colleagues at all levels across different functions.
- Experience of independent delivery following processes, policies and agreements to maximise the effectiveness of relationships and targets.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and Java Script.
- Experience of developing and supporting the use of VLEs and other learning technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of the application of technology in the learning environment, including e-learning teaching methods and developing trends.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK graduate labour market, needs of employers and the current graduate employability landscape.
Please submit a personal statement when applying for this vacancy, clearly setting out how you meet the essential criteria, as this is how we shortlist applications. Learn more about how we recruit, including tips on writing your application and supporting statement on our website: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/applying
If you are a student or alumni of King’s there are resources from King’s Careers & Employability to support you in your application and interview.
Interviews will be held using Microsoft Teams and will consist of competency-based questions linked closely to the essential and desirable criteria mentioned here.
Although we have made improvements over the last number of years, our team is still under-represented in terms of staff from global majority ethnicities, LGBTQ+ identities, and from people with disabilities. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to employing a team that has diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on in early October 2023.