Job id: 078465. Salary: £36,532 - £41,299 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 08 November 2023. Closing date: 03 December 2023.
Business unit: Faculty of Arts & Humanities. Department: Arts & Humanities Cluster Offices.
Contact details: Luke Day. Luke.email@example.com
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
The Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Officer is an integral member of the Faculty of Arts & Humanities (A&H) Education team, whose primary responsibilities are to advise on, support, implement and evaluate learning and teaching technologies and resources, in line with the Faculty’s digital education ambitions and the King's Vision 2029.
They will work alongside the TEL manager to support the provision of all digital education resources for A&H, developing resources in Moodle, Teams, Turnitin, Kaltura, and other platforms/tools. They will work with academic and professional services colleagues in the Faculty and across the University such as the King’s Centre for Technology Enhanced Learning (CTEL) to identify opportunities where learning technologies can improve teaching, learning and assessment, as well as monitoring and evaluating existing learning technologies in use.
The Faculty of Arts & Humanities embraces equality, diversity and inclusion. We attract students and staff from across the world, from many different backgrounds, with a variety of ethnicities, religions, and sexual and gender identities. We promote flexible working as a key enabler of inclusion. We particularly encourage and welcome applications from women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, and from candidates who are LGBTQ+ and/or have a disability.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support via the Faculty TEL Service Desk (on rotation).
- To update e-learning materials and KEATS pages as required, in accordance with Faculty and College stated standards and requirements.
- Contributes to the design, development and delivery of e-learning materials/workshops/training.
- Works closely with academic and professional services colleagues to help embed learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment activities.
- Supports the TEL Manager and project teams on TEL proposals/applications.
- Communicates project activities, departmental news and service status to stakeholders via face-to-face and online means.
- Actively liaises with other TEL staff across the College enabling exchange of ideas and experience including the design and implementation of new systems and increased efficiency.
- To evaluate existing learning technologies in order to identify issues/seek opportunities for improvement, and to assist with projects to develop new TEL initiatives in line with the King’s approach to Digital Learning.
- Remain abreast of latest technological developments, including hardware/software that may be useful for a particular project or across a number of projects. Undertake any other duties as may be require,
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
Practical and detailed knowledge of the use of a range of functionality within a VLE (e.g. Moodle)
Excellent communication and presentation skills, including a high standard of English both in formal documents and writing for the web
Experience of producing learning /training materials for different audiences
The ability to quickly learn how to use new software/functionality
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of working with a Moodle-based environment or equivalent VLE
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in troubleshooting, providing support, and assisting in the delivery of training and workshops, both in-person and online and for different audiences
- The ability to work to a high level of accuracy, with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of using video conferencing software in the delivery of teaching and learning resources (e.g. Kaltura, Echo 360)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and other tools.
- The ability to work independently and proactively
- Working knowledge of video editing programmes
- The ability to perform basic image manipulation using appropriate software
- Experience of working in Higher Education
- Experience of EDI and accessibility