Job id: 079208. Salary: £36,532 - £41,299 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 16 November 2023. Closing date: 03 December 2023.
Business unit: Estates & Facilities. Department: Engineering - Strand.
Contact details: Ricardo Barbosa. Ricardo.email@example.com
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
The role is responsible for managing and undertaking planned preventative and reactive maintenance across all College buildings, ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and College compliance requirements.
The Senior Maintenance Technician will have responsibility for the operational performance and safety of their buildings and will have responsibility for liaising with contractors and other building dedicated engineers to maintain high quality service delivery, maximum system uptime and optimised building performance through energy efficient solutions and best practice.
The SMT will manage a small team and in times of absence, will stand in for the Assistance Maintenance Manager to whom they also support.
This role comes with excellent benefits, including but not limited to:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Range of opportunities for professional learning and development
- Excellent pension scheme
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business-critical systems within the building portfolio.
- Carry out and monitor planned preventative maintenance and report faults and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update schedules.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites building services.
- Team management including 121s.
- Stock control.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process.
- Manage and conduct fault finding.
- Conduct statutory system and asset testing and report accordingly.
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
- Attendance may also be required occasionally outside normal hours to deal with certain maintenance procedures and to support specialist critical system contractors.
- Deliver and comply with all statutory, client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment.
- You will be expected to deliver a high level of customer focused service and participate in training when required (Fit for King’s, etc).
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills knowledge, and experience
- Level 3 Mechanical, Electrical, or HVAC certificate and demonstrable experience
- IT literate with a good understanding of Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook
- Good understanding of health and safety processes and policies
- Knowledge of statutory compliance particularly with planned maintenance
- Good knowledge of engineering designs, installations, maintenance and repairs
- Effective communication skills in order to convey information clearly
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure compliance and high standards
- Self-motivated with a willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Team management
- First Aid course
- Knowledge and understanding of working in critical environments
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
This role does not meet the requirements of the Home Office and therefore we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates who require the right to work in the UK.