Job id: 079307. Salary: £32,179 – £35,596 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance..
Posted: 17 November 2023. Closing date: 10 December 2023.
Business unit: Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine. Department: Faculty Education Services.
Contact details: Sarah Tattam. Sarah.email@example.com
Location: Guy's Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
The Faculty Student Experience Team are seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual who can adapt in a fast paced environment promoting inclusivity and enhancements for student satisfaction
This highly administrative role will require delivery of a responsive student enquiry service, a coordinated approach to communications and student information management. Diary management, event organisation and managing student leader records and payments will be key to the role.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract contract
This is a full time post
- Diary management for student experience events, meetings and communication planning.
- Manage the student experience student mailbox and designate and respond to student queries as appropriate.
- Support producing student-relevant content to promote events, highlight student opportunities, and inform students about operational matters to be used in a range of formats for digital platforms including e-newsletters, KEATS, Faculty intranet, social media, King’s website.
- Support the organisation of events and student engagement activities, including Welcome Week activities, student conferences, awards events, student-focused seminars, working with student representatives, academic colleagues, the Faculty Communications Office, Faculty Education Services, KCLSU and others.
- Support Student Voice initiative administration e.g. student payments, record management, student certificates.
- Support other education and student-focused events led by other teams, including open days/offer holder events for prospective students and pre-arrival events for new students.
- Support student groups in arranging events and activities where appropriate.
- Support relevant student related meetings, boards and committees, preparing papers, taking notes/minutes, as required, and organising all aspects of the logistics associated with these.
- Keep records and communication data up to date.
- Keep student opportunities and student voice information up to date and dynamic on our virtual learning environment.
- Accurate record monitoring and reporting of student enquiries and student communication engagement
- Supporting the student experience aspects of Faculty Education Services as appropriate.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or has relevant work experience within the Higher Education sector
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good working knowledge of all communication disciplines, including social media and communications tools such as Microsoft software and content management systems, and their use as part of an integrated communications strategy
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to manage own workload and prioritise tasks in a busy work environment, managing multiple work-streams independently
- Ability to communicate, and present, effectively in an assured manner with a range of stakeholders, including academic staff.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, being self-motivated and approachable, with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a positive and determined approach to work, knowing when to work independently and flexibly but also when best to work as part of a team
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
Interviews are due to be held in early December.
This role does not meet the requirements of the Home Office and therefore we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates who require the right to work in the UK.