Job id: 084308. Salary: £32,979 - £36,396 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 12 February 2024. Closing date: 25 February 2024.
Business unit: Social Science & Public Policy. Department: School of Global Affairs School Office.
Contact details: Flo Austin. email@example.com
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
King’s College London is seeking candidates at all levels of experience with the drive and passion to deliver high quality customer service to support our strategic aims. This is an ideal opportunity to commence or further your career in Higher Education administration.
The School of Global Affairs is recruiting a full-time Programme Officer who will provide administrative support to the postgraduate taught programmes within the School of Global Affairs.
The Programme Officer provides support to students and academic staff as the first point of contact for queries. The role is responsible for essential work supporting the delivery and administration of our undergraduate programmes by ensuring that student lifecycle activities run smoothly and that our students and staff experience our services in a seamless and effective manner. With support to develop a working knowledge of regulations and processes, the Programme Officer is a valued and trusted member of the team with a keen eye for accuracy and detail.
The role will report to the School’s Programme Manager (PG) and is based at the Strand Campus. Professional services staff are currently working on a hybrid basis, meaning that the role holder will spend part of their working week on campus and the remainder working remotely.
Further information about the School of Global Affairs can be found here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/global-affairs
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post
- Support student lifecycle processes from pre-enrolment activities, through induction and registration to graduation and beyond, utilising systems and databases- e.g. student records systems and virtual learning environments – accordingly, and in accordance with best practice, ensuring consistency of data and identifying and resolving issues
- Support all student assessment processes in line with university deadlines and regulations and faculty and external requirements
- Take responsibility for resolving students’ and academics’ enquiries, including face-to-face and via email, responding within agreed timeframes and escalating complex enquiries as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring that quality assurance requirements and, where required, accreditation requirements are met for relevant programmes. Support student, module and programme evaluation processes in line with current university best practice
- Servicing committees as directed by your line manager
- Actively participate in the development and improvement of programmes and processes to support students and academic staff through identifying and suggesting improvements based on user feedback
- Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high-volume activity, providing cover
- Take responsibility for own performance and development, through agreeing clear performance objectives, maintaining up-to-date knowledge, and reflecting on own performance
- Take personal accountability for the data quality of student records, ensuring records are accurately maintained in accordance with the agreed retention schedules
- Ensure all work is carried out in a professional and timely manner, with appropriate confidentiality and sensitivity. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the data protection requirements and to support Freedom of information and subject access requests
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Degree level or equivalent qualification or experience.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft documents and correspondence.
3. Strong numeracy skills and ability to analyse complex numerical data.
4. Experience in the use of databases and student records systems.
5. Excellent organization and time management skills.
6. Methodical, detail oriented and flexible in approach to work, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
7. Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner.
8. Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
1. Experience of using virtual learning environments
2. Experience of working in Higher Education environment