Library champions 2018-19
Library Champions are an important link between students and Library Services, ensuring that resources and services meet the needs of students in their departments.
Library Champions are actively involved in gathering feedback for the Library, which influences decision making. They can also choose to participate in a specific area of work which will directly benefit King’s students, and give them valuable experience to add to a CV.
Being a Library Champion is also an opportunity to gain a King’s Experience award, and is reflected in the HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Report).
When: Academic year 2018-19.
(It is not expected that students will dedicate any more than 10 hours per academic year).
The Library Champion will;
- Represent the views of students in their department pertaining to Library Services.
- Collate feedback on Library services and resources.
- Attend termly meetings with their contact in Library Services.
- Promote the Library to other students in their department, and inform them of any developments.
- Manage a budget to be spent on resources, as requested by students in their department (optional).
- Participate in an additional piece of work, to be chosen from the below:
- Marketing and communications
- Analysis and reporting
- UX research
- Committee organisation
- Collection development - building collections in a specific subject area
- Collection development – diversifying our collections
Students will be given a comprehensive induction to the role and will be supported throughout the scheme by Library Liaison Managers. The Library will provide any promotional materials and will set up a simple ordering process for materials, where appropriate.
A Facebook group is available for current Library Champions for support and to share ideas.
Applications fpr 2018-19 are now closed.
If you have any questions please contact: