Library group study rooms
To book a Library group study room, go to :https://libcal.kcl.ac.uk
These rooms are for use by KCL students and KHP NHS staff members of the library.
Booking rooms across the university
How to book:
- University staff can find room booking information here.
- Students can find room booking information here.
- Select the campus where you wish to book a group study room
- Select a date on the calendar on the left hand side of the screen. Available slots are displayed in green. You can book up to two weeks in advance.
- Once you have selected the time slot that you require, the boxes change colour to amber. Click 'Continue' at the bottom of the screen.
- The booking details are listed. To complete the booking, you must enter your full name, a valid email address (please use your name not e.g.k1234567* and the number of people in your group. You also have the option of entering ‘Your Group Name’.
- Click ‘Submit my booking’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm your booking! You will be sent an email containing a link to confirm your booking, which you must click on within 30 minutes of making the booking, otherwise the booking will be cancelled.
- Once you have confirmed your booking you will receive a confirmation email which you should retain as proof of your booking. This email also contains a link to allow you to cancel your booking.
Placing a booking via mobile devices.
Please make sure to:
- Ensure the domain name for email address is either: @kcl.ac.uk, @nhs.net, @gstt.nhs.uk, @kch.nhs.uk, @slam.nhs.uk, @doctors.org, @doctors.org.uk
- Check to see whether phone settings are accepting cookies - if not for all sites, then at least from the LibCal site.
- If you don’t receive an email try to make the booking using a different phone browser/app
* Note for King's students: Your email address is usually firstname.lastname@example.org, although if you are unsure we would recommend you check by logging into the Outlook Web App and clicking on your name in the top-right corner.
Group study room booking policy
- You may book up to six slots a day, or twelve a week – any bookings in excess of this will be automatically cancelled.
- In the interest of fairness to other library users, please don’t block book rooms within your group.
- Depending on the room size, bookings must be for a minimum of groups of two or four (min group size is indicated in room description).
- Individuals or groups may use a room without making a booking. However, you will need to vacate the room if a group with a booking shows up.
- Visiting students may use the rooms as long as they are part of a study group with King’s students and provided they have followed the visitor access procedure.
- Room bookings operate on a fair use basis. Library Staff reserve the right to cancel inappropriate bookings.
These rooms may not be:
- Used by representatives from external organisations. Alternative space is available here.
- Used for single use occupancy by students or NHS staff members who wish to work with external visitors on course work, e.g. for interviews, meetings.
- Booked for teaching, lecturing or meeting purposes.