Library group study rooms
To book a Library group study room, go to libcal.kcl.ac.uk
These rooms are for use by KCL students and KHP NHS staff members of the library.
Booking rooms across the university
How to book:
- University staff can find room booking information here.
- Students can find room booking information here.
- Select the campus where you wish to book a group study room
- Select a date on the calendar. Available slots are displayed in green. You can book up to two weeks in advance. Select the start time on the calendar then choose the end time from the drop down menu below.
- Once you have selected the time slot that you require, the boxes change colour to amber. Click 'Continue' at the bottom of the screen.
- The booking details are listed. To complete the booking, you must enter your full name, a valid email address (please use your name not e.g.k1234567* and the number of people in your group. You also have the option of entering your 'Group Name’.
- Click ‘Submit my booking’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm your booking! You will be sent an email containing a link to confirm your booking, which you must click on within 30 minutes of making the booking, otherwise the booking will be cancelled.
- Once you have confirmed your booking you will receive a confirmation email which you should retain as proof of your booking. This email also contains a link to allow you to cancel your booking.
Placing a booking via mobile devices.
Please make sure to:
- Ensure the domain name for email address is either: @kcl.ac.uk, @nhs.net, @gstt.nhs.uk, @kch.nhs.uk, @slam.nhs.uk, @doctors.org, @doctors.org.uk
- Check to see whether phone settings are accepting cookies - if not for all sites, then at least from the LibCal site.
- If you don’t receive an email try to make the booking using a different phone browser/app
* Note for King's students: Your email address is usually email@example.com, although if you are unsure we would recommend you check by logging into the Outlook Web App and clicking on your name in the top-right corner.
Group study room booking policy
- You may book 1 session of up to 3 hours per day, and 6 hours in a week – any bookings in excess of this will be refused.
- In the interest of fairness to other library users, please don’t block book rooms within your group.
- Depending on the room size, bookings must be for a minimum of groups of two or four (min group size is indicated in room description).
- Individuals or groups may use a room without making a booking. However, you will need to vacate the room if a group with a booking shows up.
- Visiting students may use the rooms as long as they are part of a study group with King’s students and provided they have followed the visitor access procedure.
- Room bookings operate on a fair use basis. Library Staff reserve the right to cancel inappropriate bookings.
These rooms may not be:
- Used by representatives from external organisations. Alternative space is available here.
- Used for single use occupancy by students or NHS staff members who wish to work with external visitors on course work, e.g. for interviews, meetings.
- Booked for teaching, lecturing or meeting purposes.