Dr Wendy Hall
Senior Lecturer in Nutritional Sciences
Diabetes & Nutritional Sciences Division
King's College London
4.108 Franklin-Wilkins Building
150 Stamford Street
London SE1 9NH
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7848 4197
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 4185
- Lecturer in Nutritional Sciences, King’s College London (2005-present).
- Post-doctoral researcher, School of Food Biosciences, University of Reading (2003-5).
- Post-doctoral researcher, School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey (2001-2).
- PhD in Nutrition (2001), “Investigation of the physiological mechanisms modulating amino acid-induced satiety in human beings”, University of Surrey, Guildford.
- MSc in Nutrition (1996), King’s College London.
- BA Hons in Archaeology and Anthropology (1995), University of Cambridge.
- Dietary fatty acids intake and acute/chronic effects on markers of cardiovascular disease risk, particularly vascular function and heart rate variability.
- Polyphenols and postprandial metabolism/cardiovascular disease risk.
- Expertise in conducting randomised controlled dietary intervention trials.
- King’s Health Partners Research & Development Challenge Fund “"Obesity in patients with chronic kidney disease: feasibility of intra-gastric balloon treatment (IGB)" £21,590. 07-JAN-13 to 06-JAN-14 with Jude Oben (PI), Iain Macdougall, Helen MacLaughlin.
- Technology Strategy Board/BBSRC “Fruit polyphenols: Maximising knowledge of their metabolic health benefits and practical applications” £168,764.00. 01-JAN-12 to 31-DEC-13 Wendy Hall (PI).
- DoH - Department of Health “Integrated dietary intervention to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease” £ 907,025.00. 11-JAN-10 to 10-JAN-13 with Sarah Berry &, Thomas Sanders (PI).