Show/hide main menu

Clinical Elective Placements

Insurance & healthcare

Medical Indemnity/Malpractice Insurance


If you are successful in your application and are made an offer for an Elective placement, you must provide proof of medical indemnity/ medical malpractice insurance cover as a condition of acceptance of that offer. 


It may be that your home University is able to provide you with this cover, or advise you on insurance providers - please ask them in the first instance.
If your University policy does not cover you you will need to take out a private Medical Malpractice policy which covers you for the duration and purpose of your Elective placement in the UK.

Please note that King's College London cannot advise on or recommend insurance providers for these purposes.

Occupational Health Clearance

All students must have clearance from our occupational health team in order to undertake an elective placement.
You must submit a complete Immunisation Form with your online application. Any laboratory reports included with your immunisation form must be in English or formally translated in to English.

Health Insurance

It is obligatory for all overseas elective students to obtain adequate health insurance to cover them during their stay. You are responsible for your own health insurance. You need to arrange the insurance before leaving your country. It is NOT possible for overseas students to purchase health insurance in the UK. You are responsible for paying any costs in case of illness or accident. It is also strongly recommended that you have insurance for your personal belongings during your stay in the UK.




Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2020 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454