Dr Claudia Linker
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7848 6278
Fax: +44 (0) 207 848 6435
Education and Training
- Group leader, Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, Lecturer, Physiology Department, King’s College London, UK. February 2010 onwards.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK. April 2007 to January 2010.
- Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK. Sept 2002 to March 2007.
- Ph.D. in the Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement de Marseille, IBDM, Université de la Méditerranée Aix-Marseille II. Marseille, France. Awarded August 2002.
- BSc at the Department of Biological Sciences, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Santiago, Chile. Awarded July 1995.
- Collins, R., Linker, C. and Lewis, J. A new tool for lineage tracing and mosaic analysis in zebrafish. (2010) Nature Methods. In press.
- Steventon B., Araya A., Linker C. and Mayor R. (2009) Differential requirements of BMP and Wnt signaling during gastrulation and neurulation define two steps in neural crest induction. Development. 136(5):771-9.
- Linker C.*, de Almeida I., Papanayotou C., Sabado, V., Streit, A., Mayor R., Stern C*. (2009) Neural induction by BMP inhibition requires cellular continuity with the neural plate border. Dev Biol. 327(2):478-86. *Corresponding authors.
- de Almeida I., Batut J., Hill C., Stern C. D,* and Linker C.* (2008) Unexpected activities of Smad7 in Xenopus mesodermal and neural induction. Mech Dev. 125(5-6):421-31. *Corresponding authors
- Linker C. and Stern C. (2007) Neural induction – the chick view. The New Encyclopedia of Neuroscience. Elsevier.
- Linker C.* ‡, Lesbros C.*, Gros J., Burrus L.W., Rawls A. and Marcelle C. ‡. (2005) b-Catenin-dependent Wnt signaling controls the epithelial organization of somites through the activation of paraxis. Development 132(17):3895-905. *Co-first author. ‡Corresponding authors.
- Linker C. and Stern C. (2004) Neural induction requires BMP inhibition only as a late step, and involves signals other than FGF and Wnt antagonists. Development. 131(22):5671-5681.
- Linker C. *, Lesbros C. *, Stark M. and Marcelle C. (2003) Intrinsic signals regulate the initial steps of myogenesis in vertebrates. Development. 130(20):4797-807. *Co-first author.
- Church V., Nohno T., Linker C., Marcelle C. and Francis-West P. (2002) Wnt regulation of chondrocyte differentiation. J Cell Sci. 115(Pt 24):4809-18.
- Marcelle C., Lesbros C. and Linker C. (2002). Somite patterning: a few more pieces of the puzzle. In Vertebrate Myogenesis. B. Brand-Saberi, Ed. Springer Verlag
- Linker C., Bronner-Fraser M. and Mayor R. (2000) Relationship between gene expression domains of Xsnail, Xslug, and Xtwist and cell movement in the prospective neural crest of Xenopus. Developmental Biology. 224(2): 215–225
- Marchant L., Linker C., Ruiz P., Guerrero N. and Mayor R. (1998) The inductive properties of mesoderm suggest that the neural crest cells are specified by a BMP gradient. Developmental Biology. 198(2):319-29.
- Marchant L., Linker C. and Mayor R. (1998) Inhibition of mesoderm formation by follistatin. Development, Genes and Evolution. 1998 208(3):157-60.
- Inestrosa N.C., Alvares A., Perez C., Moreno R.D., Vicente M., Linker C., Soto C. and Garrido J. (1996) Acetylcholinesterase accelerates assembly of amyloid-b-peptides in to Alzheimer amyloid fibrils: possible role of the peripheral binding site of the enzyme. Neuron 16: 881-891.