Dr Brian Stramer
Tel: +44 (0) 207 848 6272
Fax: +44 (0) 207 848 6435
Education and training
Oct 2008 - current: Group leader, Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, Lecturer, Department of Anatomy and Human Sciences, King’s College London, UK
March 2008 - Sept 2008: Lecturer, Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, London, UK
Jan 2003 - Sept 2007: US/UK Royal Society Research Fellowship, University of Bristol, UK
Ph.D. in Cell, Molecular, and Developmental Biology, Sackler School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Tufts University, Boston MA. USA; Awarded Oct 2002
B.S. Molecular Genetics, University of Rochester, Rochester NY, USA; Awarded May 1997
Zanet J, Jayo A, Plaza S, Millard T, Parsons M, Stramer B. (2012) Fascin promotes filopodia formation independent of its role in actin-bundling. J. Cell Biol. 197:477-486
- Stramer B, Moreira S, Millard T, Evans I, Sabet O, Milner M, Martin P, Wood W. (2010) Clasp mediated microtubule bundling regulates persistent motility and contact repulsion in Drosophila macrophages in vivo. J. Cell
Moreira S, Stramer B, Evans I, Wood W, Martin P. (2010) Prioritization of competing damage and developmental signals by migrating macrophages in the Drosophila embryo. Curr. Biol. 20(5) 464-70.
Evans I, Zanet J, Wood W, Stramer B. (2010) Live imaging of Drosophila melanogaster embryonic hemocyte migrations. J. Vis. Exp. Feb 12;(36) 1696.
Stramer B and Wood W. (2009) Inflammation and wound healing in Drosophila. Methods in Molecular Biology: Chemotaxis. 571; 137-49.
Zanet J, Stramer B, Millard T, Martin P, Payre F, and Plaza S. (2009) Fascin is required for blood cell polarity and migration during Drosophila embryogenesis. Development 136(15):2557-65.
- Stramer B, Winfield M, Shaw T, Millard T, Woolner S, and Martin P. (2008) Gene Induction following wounding of wild-type versus macrophage-deficient Drosophila embryos. Embo Reports 9(5):465-471
- Stramer B, Mori R, and Martin P. (2007) The inflammation-fibrosis link? A Jekyll and Hyde role for leukocytes during wound repair. J. Invest. Derm. 127:1009-1017
- Stramer B, Wood W, Galko M, Redd M, Jacinto A, Parkhurst S, and Martin P. (2005) Live imaging of wound inflammation in Drosophila embryos reveals key roles for small GTPases during in vivo cell migration. J. Cell. Biol. 168:567-573
- Fini M, and Stramer B. (2005) How the cornea heals: Insights in cornea specific repair mechanisms impacting on refractive surgical outcomes. Cornea 24:S2-S11
- Stramer B, and Martin P. (2005) Master Regulators of Sealing and Healing. Curr. Biol. 15:R425-427
- Stramer B, Austin J, Roberts A, Fini M.E. (2004) Selective reduction of fibrotic markers in repairing corneas of mice deficient in Smad3. J. Cell. Phys. 203:226-232
- Stramer B, Fini M.E. (2004) Uncoupling keratocyte loss of corneal crystallin from markers of fibrotic repair. Invest. Ophth. Vis. Sci. 45:4010-4015
- Redd M, Cooper L, Wood W, Stramer B, Martin P. (2004) Wound healing and inflammation: embryos reveal the way to perfect repair. Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B. Biol. Sci. 359:777-784
- Stramer B, Zieske J, Jung J, Austin J, Fini M.E. (2003) Molecular mechanisms controlling the fibrotic repair phenotype in cornea: implications for surgical outcomes. Invest. Ophth. Vis. Sci. 44:4237-4246
- Berryhill B, Kane B, Stramer B, Fini M.E. Hassell, J. (2003) Increased SPARC accumulation during corneal repair. Exp Eye Res. 77:643
- Stramer B, Cook J, Fini M, Obin M. (2001) Regulation of repair phenotype transition in corneal stromal cells by the ubiquitin proteasome pathway. Invest. Ophth. Vis. Sci. 42:1698-1706